Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe that I thought my valves were rattling to hell. The dreaded ticky ticky ticky matching rpms. I was thinking that my engine was fucked. Nope. All of my spark plugs were coming loose. Tightened all them up and I have no ticking anymore. Idles very smooth with no more shudder. Better mpgs and all. So if you think you have a valve train going to hell due to the noise, check your spark plugs.

My engine is very quiet except the exhaust side of course.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
I have to check that I'm starting to here that ticking noise ever so slightly and I only have 39k on my truck and it's a 2012 canyon

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have to check that I'm starting to here that ticking noise ever so slightly and I only have 39k on my truck and it's a 2012 canyon
I don't think it can rattle loose on a I4 or i5. They Mount vertically instead horizontal. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I just changed mine about a month ago and it's been running noticeably smoother too. That front-right plug nearest the battery was a pain in the ass

·
Registered
245 Posts
i just changed mine about a month ago and it's been running noticeably smoother too. That front-right plug nearest the battery was a pain in the ass
yes it is lol!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts