Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking my spare to see what type of spare. It's a compact. There as cracks in between the treads all the way around tire. They are big enough to stick my fingernail into. I called the dealer and they said bring it ,but they don't have one in stock. We bought the truck on Oct. 25,2015. As anyone else have this problem?

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,275 Posts
Sounds like the replacement should on GM's dime. The spare on a brand new truck should not be dry rotted already.

I certainly hope this is not a problem across the board........ demonstrates some poor quality control

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to the dealer and if I hear "Never saw a tire like that before" one more time I am going to scream. They didn't know what to do because no one had ever seen cracks in between the tread . The GM came out and said "Go get one from a truck on the lot and replace it."So I guess someone is going to be buying a truck with no spare.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I'm sure they'll replace the one they "loaned" from another vehicle before it sells. Most drivers don't even think about checking a tire's age when they swap rubber. The digits are stamped in the sidewall indicating week/year (e.g. 0707 = 7th week of 2007). It would be interesting to know the age of your spare...??

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
I'm sure they'll replace the one they "loaned" from another vehicle before it sells. Most drivers don't even think about checking a tire's age when they swap rubber. The digits are stamped in the sidewall indicating week/year (e.g. 0707 = 7th week of 2007). It would be interesting to know the age of your spare...??
Funny, I asked about the date code on the other site.
He checked. I believe it was early '15 if I remember what he wrote.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts