Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finally gonna break the bank and buy some iridium plugs. What is the part number is need to take to Kragen or Vato zone??

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...goto a local chevy dealership and buy the delcos ;)
can i just order delcos from vatozone? the stealership is gonna want 60$ plus an arm for it....I'd like to keep my arms

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well i ran into Kragen and they wanted 15$ a plug for oem iridiums, but they had autolite iridiums for 6$ a plug. Not a hard decision in my mind.

Installing hopefully tomorrow.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
whats a good way to gap these things? I just fubar'd one plug in the process?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
lol, i get the iridiums and I don't gap them... never had a single issue and i'm on my 3rd set of plugs (misfiring issues so I changed them to be safe)

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol, i get the iridiums and I don't gap them... never had a single issue and i'm on my 3rd set of plugs (misfiring issues so I changed them to be safe)
hmm strange dude. these autolites come with a gapping of like .50 so i have to gap them. And unfortunately the electrodes on iridiums are somewhat delicate.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dunno my delcos were fine. I didn't even measure it and like I said no issues.
damn, well whatever works for you. I'll stick to gapping mine. I got the other 4s with minimal trouble. However i'm gonna what until next week or so to buy that replacement plug. I checked my bank account and i managed to blow through 200 bucks 2 days after payday. So i gotta make sure i can budget my dough until the 5th of feb.

·
Registered
563 Posts
delcos come pre-gapped. i just kinda eyeball em just to check. im guessing the autolites werent pre-gapped?

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
delcos come pre-gapped. i just kinda eyeball em just to check. im guessing the autolites werent pre-gapped?
Apparently not. The guy in Kragen said .40(what his computer said) and these plugs were .5x or so.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts