Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Bagged Bomber
10,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soon im going to be getting an amp to run my 4 speakers(not my subs) . Would I need 150(what id like to run to them) on 2 channels or should I have 150 on 4 channels of the amp? This is really the only confusing thing about the whole audio thing for me.

speaker stats
# RMS Power Range : 110 Watts
# Peak Power Handling: 330 Watts

and

# RMS Power Range : 100 Watts
# Peak Power Handling: 300 Watts

lmk
nick

·
Registered
971 Posts
You're not adding the power of the speakers together are you? Like if each speaker takes 50 watts are you adding them to 100 watts per set? The only reason I ask is because those are some high ratings for coaxials.

·
Registered
971 Posts
ok I got ya. Didn't mean to doubt you I just didn't think you'd be spending that much on speakers since you said you were unsure about the car audio thing. Good choice though I've heard great things about the Type R series. You would ideally want an amp that does roughly 100x4 at 4 ohms. You could go a littler higher then that you'd just need to watch your gain settings.
You could just run a 2 channel amp to your front speakers and run the rear speakers off the head unit if you wanted to. The rear speakers are only there for "rear fill" so it wouldn't be a necessity to amp then. It's all personal preference though.

·
Bagged Bomber
10,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive already got the coax in the rear but they arnt very loud off my HU. I think the factory was louder although these definatly sound a TON better. Thanx for the info though man I apriciate it

Nick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts