Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad wants a spray in for his Crew and my mom is getting it for him for X-mas. I told her to get a Line-X cause out of all the brands I've seen, I like them the best. And that's the #1 brand I hear about from others too.

Just had a few questions for those who have them (doesn't necessarily have to be line-x). How's the durability of them? Sun fading? Happy with your purchase, or would you get a regular next time since sprays are permanent? And if I can ask, how much did you pay? I got some quotes for $450, thought that was kinda high for a 5ft bed.

And any other opinions/advice that I didn't ask would help too, even from guys who don't have them.:355group:

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Mine is pretty durable. I got it with the truck (already in when I bought from previous owner)... hasnt faded really and looks brand new (except the paint marks i have in there from painting my house)...

$450 for a Line-X is prolly about right... not sure to tell you the truth.

Maybe look into the Rattle Can Spary in Liners? Turbo EJ is planning on spraying his himself with the rattle cans I believe.

·
Registered
500 Posts
imo linex looks better it has a more even texture. Rhino linings is more durable and thicker. The sun fading is about the same since their the same product with diffrent mixtures. Not using silicone aka armor all cleaners on them will help out alot. They both say the are the #1 spray on bed liner. I used to work at rhino linings when i was a 17 and now I have a linex bed liner. Mostly personal opinion and what your going to use it for heavy or light duty.
sorry about the spelling i just don't care

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Line-X all the way - no problems at all.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
i had line-x the only gripe i had is hen i went through mud holes it seemed to stain it. i couldn't get it off! it was weird but i was very happy with it! 450 is about right

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am putting in Speed liner cuz its free :) but ill let ya know how it works. its getting done the week after X-mas.

·
I fell over the edge
2,261 Posts
you need to consider if he ever wants to get a tonneau cover if you want to go over ther rail or not. I think if you go over the rail the tonneaus dont work quite as well. or at all.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you need to consider if he ever wants to get a tonneau cover if you want to go over ther rail or not. I think if you go over the rail the tonneaus dont work quite as well. or at all.

It'll be under the rails. He has a fully loaded Z71 so it came with the bed caps. You can't put a tonneau on there anyway or else we'd be getting him the GM accs. one.

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
i'm probably going to get mine lined since mine is all scratched up i would love to carpet but since the bed is already scratched might as well have it lined

·
NW Surfrider
5,351 Posts
i have the factory tonneau with a bed mat, but my bed is still scratched to hell. i think im gonna go with the line-x also and just put the tonneau on over it. I think the stuff the sprayed my underside with is very similar to linex....and its held up pretty well so far.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts