Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I got a couple problems going on that I can't seem to solve.

1) I have random clicking noises from under the truck while I am driving. Mostly hear it while driving next to other cars and barriers.
2) While on the gas at highway speeds (65mph) I feel a vibration that goes away a second or two after I am off of the gas.

I just replaced my drivers side CV this past weekend since the boot was torn and I figured that was the problem. It helped the clicking but didn't get rid of it so I don't know if the other CV needs replaced or not as it is not torn.

Couple other details:
  • Before I fixed the CV the clicking was absolutely terrible when I was hauling a 4 wheeler in the bed
  • I checked the U joints and they seemed fine, I did so without jacking the truck up so IDK if that makes a difference
  • TB 2in crank and shackles with diff spacers
  • Inner Tie Rod on passenger side needs replaced, tried replacing it this past weekend and the outer tie rod is stuck on the inner rod and I couldn't get it free (YAY!), going to try and use heat this weekend

I think that is everything.

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
Yep......U-joints on the rear drive shaft.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I thought so but I wasn't sure since I couldn't feel any play in them. It doesn't seem like it should be too bad but knowing this truck they will be a PITA because of the rust. I have them soaking in PB Blaster and will keep spraying them until I get to work on them this weekend.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That fixed the problem for the clicking sound and the vibration, thanks guys.

I would say it was a little worn... I don't think there were any needles left and the grease in the little reservoir on the end was hard.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts