Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

301 - 320 of 341 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Sick Specialized!^^

When's the bike outing, guys?

I have been out riding a little BMX recently also. A little humbling but I am determined to get good again. I guess taking years from even touching the bike will do that haha.

·
Steel Rivers Chapter
12,577 Posts
ive never felt comfortable on a bike that size, but i always wish i could do those jumps.

seriously. a bike outing needs planned.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Ya, like before we were talking the differences between the 26 and 29 mtn bikes. Well, riding the 20 race bikes blows any of those out of the water when it comes to twitchyness. It is it's own feel, when riding. All these years of strictly dirt bike racing and now mountain bikes has made the bmx bike a rough transition but I grew up riding them and am making a point to have fun and get some sort of flow/skill back haha.

I would be all about that wooden flow track though^^^ Looks amazing!

·
Steel Rivers Chapter
12,577 Posts
I would be all about that wooden flow track though^^^ Looks amazing!
its right in our back yard!
The Wheel Mill

im pretty sure its the one joe mentioned a while back. it just might not have been done then.

·
Registered
229 Posts
radojim, that is right. Good call. Funny you mention that because when I was at the BMX track the other night, I was talking to a kid who works there on race nights (and also races) and he was telling me to go down and run that pump track on my bmx for additional practice. But ya, I would really like to go check that place out, both on my mtn bike and/or my bmx. We should do it.

·
Steel Rivers Chapter
12,577 Posts
radojim, that is right. Good call. Funny you mention that because when I was at the BMX track the other night, I was talking to a kid who works there on race nights (and also races) and he was telling me to go down and run that pump track on my bmx for additional practice. But ya, I would really like to go check that place out, both on my mtn bike and/or my bmx. We should do it.
I'd be down for a wheel mill session.
:eek:rly:

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #311
To the mill and rays. Both are awesome. Rays is better IMO. Only because he's been around forever. The mill is newer. Also new Belgian beer is awesome. That is all.

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #312
Dug my muddy beast out of its hiding hole in the garage. She needs a wash, fork rebuild, and perhaps finally getting my single speed on. Haha. Regardless she'll be ready for our SRC bike meat!

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #314

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,286 Posts
I need to put air in my tires........and dust it off

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,286 Posts
Oh I hear you B-Rad.....its been a hot minute since I have been clipped in for an extended period of time

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #319
I think I'm going to go to the Wheel Mill tomorrow after work tomorrow to dust off some cobwebs.
I hate you. :( (not really :lol:)

Oh I hear you B-Rad.....its been a hot minute since I have been clipped in for an extended period of time
Me 3. Got one ride in all summer. :( Did get to ride a fat bike demo though. AWESOME!!!

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,286 Posts
Yeah I have not had a single official ride yet.........I need to get my derailleurs tuned....that's a fine art there

301 - 320 of 341 Posts