Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1361 - 1380 of 1406 Posts

·
DavidSweetLipsHoneyBaker
8,460 Posts
Added some rassing numbers to taunt Katie, as well as a rear rack and handguards. Bike is becoming busy and having an identity crisis. Dual sport adventure bike? Hypermotard/super moto? IDK :shrug: couple inspirations as well.

Attachments

·
Steel Rivers Chapter
12,577 Posts
I'm gonna try to start the shadow tomorrow.

I took a bit of a gamble on it... seller said, "it runs but it needs a new starter. I'll give you a new one plus the solenoid."

when I looked at it, it had juice, and when pushing the start button it would tick, spin, tick, spin. so I thought ok, and went for it.

once I tear into it, and take out the starter and solenoid that was in the bike, they look obviously newer then the "new" ones he included in the deal. and I'm like wtf?!

after a bit of research, I take off the timing cover and put a socket on the end of the cam - which should spin freely with little effort.

sure enough I'm fucking standing on the end of a breaker bar refusing to accept the fact that I bought a bike with a seized engine. but I did. stuck as fuck.

so I'm guessing he, obviously, swapped out the starter and solenoid with no luck and just said screw it and send it on down the road.

so to make a long story kinda short, pb blaster is the penetrating catalyst of the gods cause an hourly dose down the spark plug holes, and a little persuasion, has this engine free as as bird. charged the battery, changed the fluids, hit the starter button and she was cranking.

fingers crossed!

·
Steel Rivers Chapter
12,577 Posts
ol' girl aint dead yet!
its still running a bit rough, but sounds better then it did a couple days ago. im gonna dump a bunch of snake oil carb cleaners and some fresh gas in it before i go taking things back apart.

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,372
Good work bossman. Way to persuade that puppy!

·
Steel Rivers Chapter
12,577 Posts
kinda stumbled on this potential paint scheme for the bike/tank. I started scuffing up the clear and realised it might look sweet half gloss, half flat black. then noticed a pinstripe damn near lined up all the way down the side covers.. not what I envisioned, but now another idea to toss around

·
Steel Rivers Chapter
12,577 Posts
I think a bit to stream lined for my taste.

put the exhaust on and took it for a rip... and it ripped! stupid backpressure. it sounded so much cooler with just header pipes.

dang, sorry for overload of pics. I just like seeing it on the screen as opposed to my phone.

I can't wait till it's loooooow

·
Steel Rivers Chapter
12,577 Posts
I agree, boyd . I would love to see what kind of creation you'd come up with.

first vehicle I ever lowered...

about that much clearance seat to tire

·
Steel Rivers Chapter
12,577 Posts
so I gave that design a go on the tank. I got lucky with the symmetry of the pinstripes. it's the rest of the plasti-dip that I did my wheels with, so I'm sure 1 drop of gas will waste it, but not being 100% sold on it, is rather peel dip then paint

1361 - 1380 of 1406 Posts