Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

421 - 440 of 466 Posts

·
CHEEZEDOODLE
29,666 Posts
See, i couldnt have one of those. Id be too tempted to take it offroad. We got a local guy who offroaded his with a lil bigger tires than stock with no mods. That fuckin thing is a rattling death trap now. He cant even sell it. The interior buzzes, the engine taps...well, we think its the engine, and the suspension sounds like an old rocking chair.

Learn form his mistakes. Jeep makes good offroad vehicles and good grocery getters. They dont make good offroad grocery getters. Thy used to, now they dont. Too many complicated systems.

*steps off soapbox

I like what youre doing with the grille and wheels. For such a cheap vehicle, you should go apeshit with the paint. I say tie dye! :lol:

·
DavidSweetLipsHoneyBaker
8,460 Posts
Thanks D, and thanks for the insight, for real. I don't plan on wheel'n it really...just as you said, (somewhat) reliable winter grocery getter. If it happens to go down a dirt path, so be it, but nothing too serious when it comes to trails. I already tried to take it up a small hill climb and the tow hitch dug into the ground...needless to say, I reversed, put my tail between my legs and went home :hide:

·
CHEEZEDOODLE
29,666 Posts
Smart man.

Thnk of it as what it is and understand it takes a straight axle swap to get it tollerable.

Also, mud and water are that things mortal enemy. Dust dosnt come out of all the cracks in that thing.

Also also: tie dye motherfucker!!!!!

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #426
I like it Brad! :high5:

Need to get you a shorty rubber antenna now.

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #428
:thumbup:

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #430
I was trying to find a pic of the antenna I had on my JK. Best I could find sucked so I'll just leave this here.

GOD I miss my JK.

·
Steel Rivers Chapter
12,577 Posts
yea, just read '888888'
i didnt think anything of it until it wouldnt pass inspection. now i can either sell it for 1 meelion dollars or pay to have it reprogrammed...

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #440
I want a swag bag. But I haz to run. :(

421 - 440 of 466 Posts