Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

What do you think about a ss gen 2 bumper cover on my truck?

• It Looks Good!!!

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • I Dont Like It

Votes: 5 25.0%
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
been following the other thread, i like it and i don't think it's copying anybody! 2 totally different trucks.

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
been following the other thread, i like it and i don't think it's copying anybody! 2 totally different trucks.
Thanks man! I like it to. I don't know why rrcn is pissed :shrug:

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does it look good, sure.

Are you unoriginal and jocking someone else? DEFINITELY.
I'm doing 3 things that you did to yours big deal. if you want to be orginal custom make something.

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
just do it and change a few things up and make sure to get a hood

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
I'm doing 3 things that you did to yours big deal. if you want to be orginal custom make something.
You don't have to worry about me.

Do what you want.

And my truck is fucking original. When you see that front end, you immediately say "that's Rudy's truck."

There is only one other dude who has the same bumper with the same paint, but it's on an Xtreme in Hawaii. That's the only other one that's somewhat close -- who has posted pics.

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You don't have to worry about me.

Do what you want.

And my truck is fucking original. When you see that front end, you immediately say "that's Rudy's truck."
dude if it was original you couldn't just buy that stuff.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Does it look good, sure.

Are you unoriginal and jocking someone else? DEFINITELY.

Do what you want, it's your truck.

Just pushes me to do something even better and more different than anyone else.
honestly rudy... NOBODY is original...

there is such a limited amount of aftermarket shit for these trucks its hard NOT to copy something someone did. SO... that being said...

did you copy C6U6I6H? he had a SS bumper... AND and Checkmate tonneau AND Sport mirrors. Sure yours have the signals... but they look the same...

I say get over it. You should be proud that your truck is a "model" for other people...

How do u think I felt when I got the phantom foglight grilles? I had about 200pm's in the first week i had them asking where I got them...

its inevitable. :shrug:

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
honestly rudy... NOBODY is original...

there is such a limited amount of aftermarket shit for these trucks its hard NOT to copy something someone did. SO... that being said...

did you copy C6U6I6H? he had a SS bumper... AND and Checkmate tonneau AND Sport mirrors. Sure yours have the signals... but they look the same...

I say get over it. You should be proud that your truck is a "model" for other people...

How do u think I felt when I got the phantom foglight grilles? I had about 200pm's in the first week i had them asking where I got them...

its inevitable. :shrug:
C6's truck is a different color.

And I am over it, I'm just making my point clear.

I told him to do whatever he wants. I don't give a shit anymore.

Like I said, it's gonna push me to redo my front end.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I have to disagree, Rudy's front end is obviously trendsetting and his combination was his idea. You're right he should be proud that others see his truck as a model and wish to make theirs look just as a nice.

It just seemed like SC blatantly photoshopped Rudy's front end, which is fine if you're just trying to get an idea of your options. Obviously it's the not the end of the world if two people on this forum have the same front end, but it kind of defeats the purpose of trying to show everyone your personal creativity.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
custom does'nt come in a box, those headlamps are custom.
Very true... but a buddy of mine here in Portland was the first one to bake them and paint them WHITE.... :shrug:

C6's truck is a different color.

And I am over it.

I told him to do whatever he wants. I don't give a shit anymore.

Like I said, it's gonna push me to redo my front end.
sure its a different color... still the same style..

Im not starting any beef with you man.. Im just saying.. People get so pissed when people "copy" them...

how many white Rado's are our there? just because YOU have an SS bumper means the other 98999990000000000000000001 people can't? :shrug:

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I have to disagree, Rudy's front end is obviously trendsetting and his combination was his idea. You're right he should be proud that others see his truck as a model and wish to make theirs look just as a nice.

It just seemed like SC blatantly photoshopped Rudy's front end, which is fine if you're just trying to get an idea of your options. Obviously it's the not the end of the world if two people on this forum have the same front end, but it kind of defeats the purpose of trying to show everyone your personal creativity.
and I totally agree with you... but look at it this way...

Your tinted tails and your Avic-D3.... how many Rados have those now? are you Pissed cuz you arent "Original" anymore? like i said... its inevitable with this small of an aftermarket.

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Rusty gave me the idea for the bumper cover when I was looking for another white rado with it I found his. I did a quick chop and liked it. So many people have this bumper, that ss grille, and paint their bowties. Why am I being pointed out as copying? Just because my truck is white? I just do not see it as a big deal.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
and I totally agree with you... but look at it this way...

Your tinted tails and your Avic-D3.... how many Rados have those now? are you Pissed cuz you arent "Original" anymore? like i said... its inevitable with this small of an aftermarket.
Honestly it doesn't bother me at all, obviously smoked tails and the AVIC-D3 have been extremely popular among Colorado/Canyon owners. I personally don't mind others who admire my truck and strive to do similar things, it actually makes me that much more dedicated to working on my truck.

I am not starting beef with anyone but I felt not enough people were seeing it from Rudy's perspective. On the other hand, what really matters is what you want to do to your truck. I just want SC to put his personal touch into it to show everyone his creative skills.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Honestly it doesn't bother me at all, obviously smoked tails and the AVIC-D3 have been extremely popular among Colorado/Canyon owners. I personally don't mind others who admire my truck and strive to do similar things, it actually makes me that much more dedicated to working on my truck.

I am not starting beef with anyone but I felt not enough people were seeing it from Rudy's perspective. On the other hand, what really matters is what you want to do to your truck. I just want SC to put his personal touch into it to show everyone his creative skills.
im with ya... like I said.. I was upset that my phantom fog grilles were now longer something so few people had.... I know how rudy is feelin... but if SC wants to throw a SS bumper on a damn Z71... how is that the same as rudy's? they look NOTHING alike! lol

Rudy.. Im not hating on ya man... just trying to say my input.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts