Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I really want my ports on my SS gen 2 bumper cover to be chrome. I seen a TB SS that had them chrome and I was wondering if anyone knew where I might be able to find caps I guess for them? or if anyone knows of another way to get them chromed?

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
The only 'easy' thing I can think of is to have some caps made by a local sheet metal place out of stainless and then polish them. :shrug:

·
Nation Affiliate
264 Posts
dang corona i was just thinkin about this same thing at work tonight my staff sergeant has a TB SS with tha chrome vents in tha bumper and i thought that would look sick with mine since ive got a buncha chrome on my truck but gotta get tha bumper first and go from there...may try and see if i can get one from a dealership if i can get a good deal

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Hey guys I really want my ports on my SS gen 2 bumper cover to be chrome. I seen a TB SS that had them chrome and I was wondering if anyone knew where I might be able to find caps I guess for them? or if anyone knows of another way to get them chromed?
I beleive the trailblazer SS are like that from the factory they are probably plastic for that

the SS gen 2 cover is completly urethane so would be hard to chrome plate since the urethane can flex

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
The only 'easy' thing I can think of is to have some caps made by a local sheet metal place out of stainless and then polish them. :shrug:
:yeahthat:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I have seen that some chrome shops now say they can chrome plastic...maybe check a couple out in your area
it'd still be next to impossible because the bumper is all one piece right? or can you take the vents out?

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
it'd still be next to impossible because the bumper is all one piece right? or can you take the vents out?
You can take them out.....with a saw. :lol:

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I beleive the trailblazer SS are like that from the factory they are probably plastic for that

the SS gen 2 cover is completly urethane so would be hard to chrome plate since the urethane can flex
well I wasnt necessarly thinking about chrome plating them, cause I know it wouldnt work.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would but the thing is, i'm so busy right now with this class I'm taking, they got me studying and exhausted by the end of the day, so I have no time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts