Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm new to the forum.. I just bought a 2012 Colorado single cab, 4x4 work truck package. The truck only has 44,000 miles. I noticed that when you start the truck the stabili trac light is on, then after you drive just a min it goes off, but comes on every time you start the truck.. Is this a common problem with theses trucks? I've read some that people say the steering postion sensor can cause this? I have dealer warranty on the truck, but wanted to ask first if it was a simple fix..

Also will it hurt the truck with what it is doing?

Thanks .

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
If you have a warranty. Take it in. Don't put it off.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I have warranty. Just wondering if it would hurt to drive it till I can get it to the dealer ship, it doesn't stay on all the time. Just when you first take off driving.

·
Super Moderator
3,620 Posts
No it won't hurt anything to drive it.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
I'd test it to see if it works while it's on haha.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay thanks guys just wondering cause I've never had a vehicle that had reaction control. Lol thanks a lot.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I'm going to , it's gonna need a oil change before to long, just going to have them check it out then. Another question, has anyone changed there shifter knob? From my understand there not a screw on and off type like most trucks or cars.. Is this correct?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts