Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, whenever i start up my truck everyonce in a while everything will reset, like my clock and my radio stations will all reset. It gets annoying when i have to sit there and reset the clock. Does anyone have a solution to this? Maybe is it just the Head Unit (its stock)?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was dead, i jumped it turned it off and now its working perfectly. Ha i guess i will wait a few days and see how it acts. Anyone know of any good batteries to get? Just incase.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
It was dead, i jumped it turned it off and now its working perfectly. Ha i guess i will wait a few days and see how it acts. Anyone know of any good batteries to get? Just incase.
If its under warrenty take it to the dealership :) I got 2 freebies with them

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
unfortunately my warranty ended a few weeks ago. :( Which optima is best for this? I know they have a red top, and blue top and yellow top. I'm guessing red top, but if i plan to run a system in the future would this one hold up?

M

·
0 Posts
unfortunately my warranty ended a few weeks ago. :( Which optima is best for this? I know they have a red top, and blue top and yellow top. I'm guessing red top, but if i plan to run a system in the future would this one hold up?
I'm pretty sure the yellow top, but get w/ the guys w/ systems, they would know for sure.

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
yellow top is recommended for systems but at the same time it is HELL on your charging system because your alernator will be recycling about 9-10volts of charge since yellow tops can only take 2-4V of charge at a time....

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so i shouldn't go yellow top if its gonna kill my charging system?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts