Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had any issues where when you try to turn the key it clicks and then when you let go of the key as if you started it then it starts?

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its been happening quite a bit latly almost like the truck looses power for a split second when trying to start I'm wondering if it is my battery and or connections. I have been wanting to upgrade to an optima anyways

·
all your base
9,599 Posts
happened to me a few times.. kinda like it was delayed, turned the key to start, nothin happened, then it started when the key was in the run position.. i have an optima red top, i dont think it has anything to do with the battery

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
im sure its the same on all our trucks but to start it all you have to do is turn the key to the starting position for a split second and return it to run and it keeps cranking until it starts. Maybe that whole system is out of wack on your truck. Just a thought.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Haha, speaking of that (not to get too off track here) but my friend's dad just bought a 07 F-150 and he's the Bragging type. But out of respect I humor him and let him walk me through how bad ass he thinks his turd is. He showed me that feature and I say to myself...."Yea dude, my truck has that and it was built 3 years ago!!!

ok, back on track....lol

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Haha, speaking of that (not to get too off track here) but my friend's dad just bought a 07 F-150 and he's the Bragging type. But out of respect I humor him and let him walk me through how bad ass he thinks his turd is. He showed me that feature and I say to myself...."Yea dude, my truck has that and it was built 3 years ago!!!

ok, back on track....lol
GM has been doing that since 2000 or so. its just a pulse from the ignition switch to the BCM then to the starter instead of from switch directly to starter. pretty stupid if you ask me.

ask him if his electronic brake assist has messed up yet. those truck actually apply more vacuum to the brake booster in high speed braking situations to decrease pedal effort. talk about inconsistent braking. hit the pedal hard one time and it stops normal, the next at a higher speed and abs engages as the truck thinks you are in a panic stop.

ok, back on topic.

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
looks like its battery

yesterday and today try to start and nope no powerv wiggle the battery terminals and walla

i think on my lunch today I'll see about getting a new battery and maybe try to reseat the terminals

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
looks like its battery

yesterday and today try to start and nope no powerv wiggle the battery terminals and walla

i think on my lunch today I'll see about getting a new battery and maybe try to reseat the terminals

You don't NEED a new battery im pretty sure (get it tested) just tighten up the terminals and you should be fine. I've been to the dealership about this and felt like a total noob after that one :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
looks like its battery

Get new terminals also.. Those OEM ones suck.

If you don't.. then I will drive over there and cut the wires myself. :naughty:

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have aftermarket terminals plus i want to get a optima anyways

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well I reseated my terminal and the issue seems to have subsided for now

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have had that problem alot recently too. my bf took a look @ it and he suggested it is the terminal..... sometimes ill turn the key and you hear a click but it wont turn over then i go and mess with the connections and it starts..
so he is suppose to fix it when i get back from vacation.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Get new terminals also.. Those OEM ones suck.

If you don't.. then I will drive over there and cut the wires myself. :naughty:

YEA they do!! My negative terminal is semi-loose. I can spin it back and forth. Can't tighten it anymore either, I don't want to snap the damn stud off.

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
these are the ones I'm using for both my positive and negative right now

1 - 20 of 37 Posts