66221 - 66236 of 66236 Posts

·
Dont let the Nation die
15,947 Posts
:wavey:

·
I like beer
2,776 Posts
:wavey: it’s been awhile...life has been busy!

Congrats on baby Claude, Chris.

Nice beard Jim. We’re heading to disney in may.

I am officially a GM gypsy now. Got laid off from Lordstown in June last year. Off for 2 months and then to GM Parma Stamping in August temporarily for about 6 months. I took a permanent transfer in February this year to Flint Truck Assembly building the HD’s and now live in Grand Blanc, Michigan. The new trucks that launch in june are freaking huge! The top of the tailgate comes up to my chin!

Sold our house in 4 days for more than we wanted. Wife and kids moved into one of our rental houses for the time being until she gets an opening to transfer up here with the post office. Then we’ll buy a house once they all move. But for now I’m renting a nice 2 bedroom, 2 full bath trailer with all appliances. It was more space and convenience of having a washer/dryer for the same price of an apartment with less.

And my water comes from Detroit, not Flint, so it’s safe. I wish I had a dollar for every time someone said “don’t drink the water” when I told them I was coming here. :lol: Flint reminds me of Youngstown tho, it’s shitty, but all the suburbs around it are really nice.

·
DavidSweetLipsHoneyBaker
8,464 Posts

I am officially a GM gypsy now. Got laid off from Lordstown in June last year. Off for 2 months and then to GM Parma Stamping in August temporarily for about 6 months. I took a permanent transfer in February this year to Flint Truck Assembly building the HD’s and now live in Grand Blanc, Michigan. The new trucks that launch in june are freaking huge! The top of the tailgate comes up to my chin!

Sold our house in 4 days for more than we wanted. Wife and kids moved into one of our rental houses for the time being until she gets an opening to transfer up here with the post office. Then we’ll buy a house once they all move. But for now I’m renting a nice 2 bedroom, 2 full bath trailer with all appliances. It was more space and convenience of having a washer/dryer for the same price of an apartment with less.

And my water comes from Detroit, not Flint, so it’s safe. I wish I had a dollar for every time someone said “don’t drink the water” when I told them I was coming here. :lol: Flint reminds me of Youngstown tho, it’s shitty, but all the suburbs around it are really nice.

Dang Corey! Glad to hear yinz have landed on your feet. I was thinking of you when I first heard about Lordstown.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Wow, that escalated quickly since I last chatted with you Corey.

Nora is going to be 7 months in a week and a half :wat: Not sure how that happened so quick. Wouldn't be surprised if she started crawling soon.

I'm the meantime, I'm gathering parts to 5-speed swap my truck. Need to try and squeek that in before she really turns into a handful.

Chris, you're in for quite the treat. After the first 3-4 months, they really start developing their own personality. It's the best!

·
I like beer
2,776 Posts
Oh yeah...congrats to you too daddy alex! They do grow fast.

I miss mine right now , haven’t seen them in a few weeks other than FaceTime. Heading back to Ohio Saturday after work for Gina’s birthday then back to Michigan Sunday around 4-5.

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Thought about you when I heard too Corey. Glad to hear you landed on your feet.
Sounds like you'll like Flint area. Didn't you have a brother or family in Mi?

Just survived the Blizzard of 2019 here. 85+ MPH winds and 8" of snow in about 5 hours. I was at work the whole time...in a glass building...facing into the wind. The windows were bowing in when the pressure. Luckily they're rated to like 120MPH or something crazy. It got so bad the governor has declared a state of emergency and activated the National Guard. Good times.

·
Harry...
13,936 Posts
:iaow:

Congratz Chris!!!
Adorable! Congrats
Thanks guys! Hope all is well with yinz!

SRC in Disney! trying to catch up to Billy in the beard game...
Holy shit. Jim, is that you?! Can't believe how grown up everyone is. Hard to believe it's been like 10 years since we all basically met.

Thank you sir!

Damn Corey, I'm glad you were able to nail down some work, but that's got to tough on you and the family. Flint's water has been fixed for like 2 years. People are dumb. :lol:

Hope you are doing well considering everything going on!

Chris, you're in for quite the treat. After the first 3-4 months, they really start developing their own personality. It's the best!
7 months already?! God.

He just turned 3 months and it's like a different child. Way more interactive, smiling more, finding his hands and feet. It's awesome to watch.

It hasn't been easy though. For a while, he'd just scream in pain and we couldn;t figure it out. Grace tried stopping drinking cow's milk, coffee, soy, wheat, etc. we even gave him formula for a few days. Nothing helped.

The doctor finally saw him in his "mood" and diagnosed severe reflux. Gave him some meds but it didn't help at first. Added one more and adjusted his dosing and after 2 weeks, he finally calmed down.

Unfortunately, it was a week before Grace went back to work and started day care. Grace feels bad she didn't get any"good" time with him and felt like he cried the whole time she was on leave.

It's all a learning experience and we're doing the best we can. Now we're trying to get him to sleep more at night.

One thing we need is a bigger car, so we may be buying a Ford Flex this weekend. It's the only SUV we found that actually fits us and the second row of the Flex has more leg room than the front row of the Tahoe. :lol:

Thought about you when I heard too Corey. Glad to hear you landed on your feet.
Sounds like you'll like Flint area. Didn't you have a brother or family in Mi?

Just survived the Blizzard of 2019 here. 85+ MPH winds and 8" of snow in about 5 hours. I was at work the whole time...in a glass building...facing into the wind. The windows were bowing in when the pressure. Luckily they're rated to like 120MPH or something crazy. It got so bad the governor has declared a state of emergency and activated the National Guard. Good times.
I love the snow, but that was probably wild. Hope you're still loving CO!

·
I like beer
2,776 Posts
Yeah Joe, my brother lives an hour and 45 minutes north of here.

Chris...water fixed yes. Safe to drink? No. They’re still passing out bottled water to Flint residents. GM puts $200 lead removing filters on all drinking and ice sources in the plant and changes them at half their life cycle.

·
I like beer
2,776 Posts
Yeah Joe, my brother lives an hour and 45 minutes north of here.

Chris...water fixed yes. Safe to drink? No. They’re still passing out bottled water to Flint residents. GM puts $200 lead removing filters on all drinking and ice sources in the plant and changes them at half their life cycle.

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Hell yea Chris. I snowboarded last weekend. rumor is some ski areas will be open till July!

Might be a bit of a drive for me but I'm in Brad!

Well some on you my have heard but after 9 years a d 174k miles the old girl got traded in on a new 2019 Toyota Tacoma Offroad. I was gunna go used but a 2015 with 22k on the clock was like $3k less then brand new! CRAZY!

Pic of the new girl. Hope she'll last 10+ years!
Taco.jpg

Attachments

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
:high5:

·
Premium Member
5,083 Posts
Whew. Long time not posting for me. Hope all is going good with all you guys. The forum days are dead now. Which is sad.

Little update on my life. Got married 7/8/17. LS swapped my Colorado. Just had my first son 5/9/19 Conrad Parker Lemke. Life needs to slow the hell down.

Welcome to Michigan Corey

Congrats Chris!

I like the new truck Joe!

Attachments

66221 - 66236 of 66236 Posts