Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys well after countless hours of reading and learning about the different type of lift kits I went and ordered the fabtech 3" spindle with 2" shackles for my base model z85 2wd..

I got a set of good 265/70/17 bfgs from a friend so now all I need is the rims,,,

Looking for 17x8 with 5" BS. Recommended by Fabtech.

Fab tech website says they must have a 5" BS... I really want the steel D window wheels (cragar, pro comp, summit brand ect) but the closest I can find have 4.5 in of BS?

Could I be risking it using a 4.5 BS (0 offset) when it comes to rubbing? I know this is a pretty common setup... Hope any of you guys with this set up could pitch with feedback

Did it rub? Any trimming? How much do they stick out pass the fenders? Fender flares?

Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Less backspace is fine. You have a maximum of 5". If you have more backspace, like 5.5", the rim won't clear the spindle.

If you use 4.5" of backspace, it sits further out, and more away from the spindle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. What I'm worried about mostly is having the wheel stickout 3" out the fender :/ I was hoping someone with this same set up would share what bs they using and how much it sticks out...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Less backspace is fine. You have a maximum of 5". If you have more backspace, like 5.5", the rim won't clear the spindle.

If you use 4.5" of backspace, it sits further out, and more away from the spindle.
Ahem....
I have a link in my Sig that will direct you to a chart to find people who have the set up you are interested in....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
That's an awesome chart! It must have help tons of newbs like myself ... too bad my set up its only listed for the 4x4 not the 2wd z85...
And I have gone true your lift data like 5 times this past week. . Many have my set up but none specify the bs or offset of their wheels. ..

Guess I'll just get the 4.5 bs 17x8 and get flats I'd they stick out like crazy. . Just wanted to know right now to order them already. . Cops here give tickets for that like crazy

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
A 4.5" backspace usually put a 265mm tire abuot flush with a Z71 flair.
My Z85 sticks out around an inch with a backspace around 5.2".
I am 4x4, it may matter slightly but I'm not sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts