Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Factory Fresh
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone switched out there steering wheels for something nicer ? what did you use for a hub adapter ?

·
Factory Fresh
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive found a hub that fits gm but what are the chances ares are the same as a blazer ?
This is the list they have

All Dodge
All GM
69+ Buick
69+ Cadillac
69+ Oldsmobile
All Chevy
All Chevrolet Blazer
69-05 Chevrolet Camaro
82-94 Chevrolet Cavalier
69-93 Chevrolet Corvette
All Chevrolet Suburban
All Dodge Neon (will fit SRT-4 but will need a spacer)
All Dodge Viper
00+ PT Cruiser (may need some modification to the hub)
All GMC Jimmy
All GMC Yukon
<92 GMC S-15
93+ GMC Sonoma
ALL GMC Suburban
All Typhoon
All Jeep Cherokee
All Jeep Renegade
All Jeep Wrangler
All Jeep CJ 5/6/7
All Pontiac Fiero
69+ Pontiac
All Ididit Customs
All Flaming River

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
What about the air bag? I think that is the problem with swaps.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
If you have an accident and the insurance or police investigate it would be a problem here in California. Not sure about your state.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
No one cares about airbags, police, insurance or whatever in a post that asks steering wheel swap. Please let’s not bring this up as it just kills the topic.
This question has been asked 100s of times, use the search feature to find several topics.
But in a nutshell, the 355 uses a special one only type of mount. NO adapters exist. Some are close, but don’t work safely.
The way I did my Colorado was cut the end off of it, and welded on a ‘standard chevy’ steering column splined section to add a different steering wheel. But horn, turn signals don’t work anymore. You have to manually turn off turn signals.

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
I went with this one, still looks stockish. Don't think CardId offers them anymore but they are still out there.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
@Jesse I have been looking for one of those for ages now

·
Registered
366 Posts
I went with this one, still looks stockish. Don't think CardId offers them anymore but they are still out there.

My dad had a vey similar wheel to that on his silveraydo. Always liked it and wanted one. Looks clean.

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
Carid was the only place I was able to find it, I can get you the part number if you really want to try and track one down? Maybe they're customer service can help you too.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
@Jesse if you could that would be great. I know they had them in red, yellow, silver, black and carbon look

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
Was only able to find old adds for it, good luck man. Here's the description that was in my invoice when I bought it.

Alliance® Steering Wheel - Burl with Graphite Leather
# AT-740202 - GMC Canyon 2004-2006, custom factory replacement steering wheel. Burl with Graphite Leather. This steering wheel is actually an OEM factory steering wheel with the addition of new leather and wood or carbon fiber components.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
@Jesse

your the man again, thanks

·
Factory Fresh
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thats all i needed to know if we shared a steering column spline or not so i could use what i found. Didnt mean to waste a thread.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Like was said above, no direct adapters for our trucks and we don't share a spline with any other vehicle, even the H3.

But its not impossible...

I have no airbag or horn, but my Turn Signals and everything still work as they should.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Matt, its almost time for "street rod" tags with all the work thats been done

1 - 20 of 20 Posts