Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I bought a 2010 Colorado lt with 170km. It was a farm truck and has been sitting for a while before I brought it back to life. The truck now has 215km on it and has developed a sticky lifter. I switched to conventional oil since I didn’t know what has been run through the engine. I’ve put new plugs, wires and cleaned the intake. Truck runs amazing but it has an intermittent lifter tick on the left side that has developed. It comes back and goes away but at slower speeds it likes to tick. I have been putting 10w30 into it but am switching back to Mobil 1 synthetic 5w 30 and filter to see if that changes anything. I am just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to clean the lifter to get it to stop ticking. No change in idle cylinder is firing properly and truck runs normally but it’s getting annoying, I would really rather not replace them but was wondering if they needed to be adjusted or if I can add some sort of additive. I have tried Lucas since the engine does burn about a quart every 2500km but I know with hydronic lifters that won’t help. Should I run a cleaner??

·
Registered
152 Posts
other than wear too long running oil especially with short trips can cause gummed-sticky lifters + synthetics can help or diesel oils that have more cleaners. years ago using conventional oils i used Rislone in place of a qt of oil

1 - 2 of 2 Posts