Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just have a regular stock CD player and don't really plan on getting an aftermarket one anytime soon. I might have a lead on a stock 6 disc though and just wanted to make sure that I can just plug it right in. Or do the plugs vary between the 2 radios or years of the trucks? Mine is an 04 and this one is an 06.

Also, what would a stock 6 disc be worth? If it's like $150-$200 or more, then I don't think I'll be interested.......

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
i changed my radio from the MP3 player to the 6 CD changer to a kenwood ddx6019. i still have both radios.

i sell u either one for $100 each. just let me know.

also there is no mods to be done. just need to unlock the radio when u install it in ur truck by going to the dealer. thats like $50-90. I think its better off gettting an aftermarket radio.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't really want to get an A/M yet. My set up sounds awesome now, plus I'm moving to Miami in a few months and I wanted to discourage peering eyes.:mav2:

But it sounds like it might not be worth it if I have to pay that much to have it unlocked on top of the cost of the radio.....

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
yeah sorry man. but if u really want it. i'll make u a deal. i want to get rid of it. let me know

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
I had an AM/FM from the factory which I junked and immediately put in an aftermarket Eclipse unit. After that got jacked, I later bought a stock MP3 unit for $50. Had it unlocked at the dealer for another $50.

·
Registered
324 Posts
hey josue, can ya wait till the may 20th meet? I got my stock 6disc i'll sell ya. Let me know what they other guy is charging, i'll try and make ya a deal if you want it.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Like everyone said it's a direct swap, you just have to have the dealer unlock it. My truck didn't have any radio in it when I bought it but originally came with the single disc MP3 deck, I got a good deal on a 6 disc. I traded a new Jet Servo for it (~$50). I personally wouldn't pay more than $100 for one, if you're patient you can get good deals on them through eBay.

Call around to the dealers in your area to get the best price to have it unlocked. My local dealer wanted $90, whereas the one ~5 miles from my work did it for $25. They have to use the Tech-II to unlock it, so there's really no way around it.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Colorado Queen is gonna sell me hers at the meet for a Kick Ass Price...

And I have a friend that's a master tech at a chevy dealer. I planned on taking my truck to him to get some maintenece work done since I don't trust any dealers around here and I'm too lazy to do it myself! I'm gonna wait till after the meet so he can unlock the radio while he has my truck...:355:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts