Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought my colorado a while ago and the guy that had it before me installed some stupid horn that plays the dukes of hazard horn. I didn't even think to press the horn when I was test driving. To make it even more *******, it is broken so it only plays every other note or so. I just want to hook the stock horn back up, but I think he took it off. I have an 05 Z85. Where is the stock horn supposed to be?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right behind the front grille. It's mounted underneath the hood latch in front of the radiator.
Yea thanks, I just found the "horn upgrade" how to and they had some pics. Turns out the guy not only took off the horn, but the mounting bracket as well.

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
I think that the mount bracket is part of the horn assembly. If someone here doesn't have one, the next cheapest place would be the junk yard. If you are going to the junk yard, first check your truck to see if the original connector has been removed. If you need to have OEM parts: HORN; HORN/SINGLE. Fits: H3, H3 SUV, H3T | Nalley Buick GMC Brunswick If you need a connector, the PN is 89046631.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think that the mount bracket is part of the horn assembly. If someone here doesn't have one, the next cheapest place would be the junk yard. If you are going to the junk yard, first check your truck to see if the original connector has been removed. If you need to have OEM parts: HORN; HORN/SINGLE. Fits: H3, H3 SUV, H3T | Nalley Buick GMC Brunswick If you need a connector, the PN is 89046631.
Thanks for the info. I found that diagram earlier too. I just got an aftermarket horn from the auto parts store. It came with a a little flimsy mounting bracket. I just mounted the bracket to a bolt just to the right of the original mounting spot (the hood catch mounting bolt). The wires were still there. 10 minutes G2G. Thanks for the info again though, I really appreciate it!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Whenever I'm on the interstates I keep thinking I want an air horn.

And if I could see a good way to mount one in the rear out of sight but still very audible, I want one there also (on a separate control)..

I suppose if you installed a compressor to operate one up front you could use the same air-supply for one in the rear also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts