Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

Stock spare tire/wheel ?

9K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  djb383 
#1 ·
I baught a 2010 Rado 3LT ZQ8 from a Chevrolet dealership and it's a Certified pre owned truck so I noticed the day I baught it the there was no spare under the truck so they have to get me one.

So the first one they got was a junk yard unit the tire had never been run on the road but it was 7 years old and the s/w's were dry rotted bad and it was a 16" wheel I was in a hurry the day I picked it up so I didn't look at it real good untill the next day.
Since it wasn't the one the truck came with I test fitted it on the front rt. and it hit the brake caliper when i spun it. so i took it back to 'em!

So yesterday the salesman calls me to tell me the new rim is there but it's a 2 piece wheel and they have to put it togeather and mount the tire on it. And i was like HUH!!!!

So my question is can any one post a pic of a stock spare for a 3LT ZQ8 truck plez.

Tnkx.
Bruce.

#3 ·
I cked ebay but no stock spares only stock or aftermarket wheel's on there.

Im thinking the V8 truck uses a larger spare to clear the larger caliper than a 16" cuz the first one they gave me was 16" and it was rubbing the caliper.

Also i really wouldn't want to run anything smaller on the rear cuz that will raise hell with the posi clutch pack's 18" on one side and 16" on the other it's not a good thing to do to a posi unit.

#7 ·
.........Also i really wouldn't want to run anything smaller on the rear cuz that will raise hell with the posi clutch pack's 18" on one side and 16" on the other it's not a good thing to do to a posi unit.
FWIW, your rear diff (if it's a stock G80) is not a posi. It is a hybrid open diff 'til wheel spin differs about 100 rpm then it transfers torque to the slipping wheel. Wheel diameter does not matter.....it's the overall tire diameter that should be the same or close.

#5 · (Edited)
Fairly sure my spare tire/steel wheel r original......still has the rubber nibs and colored stripes on the tread.....P235/75/16. The spare tire is full size, definitely not a donut and the 5 spoke steel wheel looks nothing like the wheel in that ebay link.

#6 ·
my spare is 18" think, i will check it. i have the same truck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.