Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a set they want to sell? Pantera's "5 Minutes Alone" took a toll on mine, and I smoked the drivers side. Sounds like Rice Krispies now. Holla if you have some.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I've got a set.

Hell I've also got the stock mids.......

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Greg, let me see if they fix the speakers under warranty. If they don't we'll talk.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My dad works at a dealership and if you got the bumper to bumper warranty and its not up yet then your speakers are included. I'm about to get mine replaced hopefully with some higher quality speakers.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
dimebag!!!! hahahhaa Man i like the sound of the stock tweets. All my friends do too, I dunno why some people complain about them...weird...

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Yeah the stock tweeters suck, mine have sounded like rice crispies for awhile, I need to upgrade to the good stuff this winter.

Jeremy

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah the stock tweeters suck, mine have sounded like rice crispies for awhile, I need to upgrade to the good stuff this winter.

Jeremy
It's drivin me fuckin nuts, but I just can't bring myself to buy aftermarkets. It would be nice though.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
It's drivin me fuckin nuts, but I just can't bring myself to buy aftermarkets. It would be nice though.
Yea, audio can be expensive.....but if its something you enjoy everyday is listening to your music...I could see spending some money on it. Its one of those mods thats for you, not for all to see.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea, audio can be expensive.....but if its something you enjoy everyday is listening to your music...I could see spending some money on it. Its one of those mods thats for you, not for all to see.
Dude, I LOVE music, but I'm in kind of a bad position w/ an extended cab. I don't want to take that room up with speakers unless it's totally unavoidable.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Dude, I LOVE music, but I'm in kind of a bad position w/ an extended cab. I don't want to take that room up with speakers unless it's totally unavoidable.

Very true, I have a sub and amp in my truck now...and honestly I didnt really realize how much the stock speakers/head unit suck until I really started listening to a lot more music in my truck...with a sub. So im stuck with shitty amplified bass, and crackly speakers lol.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very true, I have a sub and amp in my truck now...and honestly I didnt really realize how much the stock speakers/head unit suck until I really started listening to a lot more music in my truck...with a sub. So im stuck with shitty amplified bass, and crackly speakers lol.
Right, but see, you are using space that you wouldn't miss anyway. I have enough room for 2-3 suitcases, camping gear, whatever. If I lose that, that would suck.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Right, but see, you are using space that you wouldn't miss anyway. I have enough room for 2-3 suitcases, camping gear, whatever. If I lose that, that would suck.
I know its not a whole lotta bass.....but its a good option for someone like you IMO that listens to rock and such and not a lot of rap. http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069929_297969808,00.html

with this enclosure...

EDIT: I know its not tweeters and such....but you could replace the stockers and then for bass just add this...and maybe an amp underneath the other seat...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Niiiiiice. How much do you think that whole setup would cost? Would I have to buy a new HU?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Just for the sub and enclosure probably like 250-300 depending on where you get it. When I said I have an "amplified shitty bass"...its basically because of my head unit(stock mp3)...you CAN use the stock HU but youll get much better sound quality out of an aftermarket one....the amp depends on if you upgrade your door speakers and such and want to amplify them.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just for the sub and enclosure probably like 250-300 depending on where you get it. When I said I have an "amplified shitty bass"...its basically because of my head unit(stock mp3)...you CAN use the stock HU but youll get much better sound quality out of an aftermarket one....the amp depends on if you upgrade your door speakers and such and want to amplify them.
And that right there is why I don't like audio. It's one thing after another, and sooner or later, you have a couple grand wrapped up in the bitch.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
And that right there is why I don't like audio. It's one thing after another, and sooner or later, you have a couple grand wrapped up in the bitch.
You said it. Thats why I still have my stock stuff up front and just a sub...I mean my sub and amp combo alone I got close to 500 dollars in it. :dawg:

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
You said it. Thats why I still have my stock stuff up front and just a sub...I mean my sub and amp combo alone I got close to 500 dollars in it. :dawg:
That's what I did too. I left all my stuff up front stock and added a sub and amp. Mine actually sounds decent. I spent $30 on the box, $40 on the sub and $50 on the amp...I got you beat easy, Eric!

Plus, when leaving the head unit stock, you don't have to worry so much about the smashers and grabbers!

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
That's what I did too. I left all my stuff up front stock and added a sub and amp. Mine actually sounds decent. I spent $30 on the box, $40 on the sub and $50 on the amp...I got you beat easy, Eric!

Plus, when leaving the head unit stock, you don't have to worry so much about the smashers and grabbers!
Very true on the smashers and grabbers :kiki: , I mean mine doesnt sound shitty to most people...just like anything else.....when its yours...you notice everything thats wrong with it..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts