·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Look at that! Join the club. lol

·
Registered
833 Posts
At least your truck is getting some publicity....

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
That is for sure your truck?

This sounds like the 3rd time (including the Zomby). About a year ago one of the guys with a slick lowered truck was in a magazine or something. It was mirrored and they changed the truck paint color. But there was no denying it was an original with the background, etc.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
That was codered's truck, it was recolored to blue and the image was flipped left to right, but it was undeniably his.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
That was codered's truck, it was recolored to blue and the image was flipped left to right, but it was undeniably his.
Yep, that is the one I remembered!

The red truck pictured here looked like a red truck, but codered's was definitely unmistakeable.

·
RIP Forrest
12,421 Posts
Mine is on a few sites that didn't ask permission, putting up pics on the internet and expecting them not to get stolen is like sticking a $10 bill on a bulletin at a local grocery store, etc. You lost possession when it was posted for millions to see

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yep, that is the one I remembered!

The red truck pictured here looked like a red truck, but codered's was definitely unmistakeable.
The red truck pictured here is mine and I took the photo in my backyard. The photo is in my members pictures. lol I wonder if they took it from this site.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine is on a few sites that didn't ask permission, putting up pics on the internet and expecting them not to get stolen is like sticking a $10 bill on a bulletin at a local grocery store, etc. You lost possession when it was posted for millions to see
Yep, that's life. I can't imagine why someone would want that photo as wallpaper.

·
RIP Forrest
12,421 Posts
Google search chevy colorado and prolly half the image results are hosted from this site, that's how I found 355nation, I had no clue what 355 was

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
The red truck pictured here is mine and I took the photo in my backyard. The photo is in my members pictures. lol I wonder if they took it from this site.
Ahh, sorry dude, figured it was yours but looked pretty common.

I glanced at your albums earlier but didn't find that one the first time around.

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
Pretty much the only way to "deter" people/companies from doing this is to place watermarks on your photos. If you have your name or symbol that you design somewhere on all of your photos, most people won't touch them to use for advertising.

Also, most know that if they put the photo up and you complain, they just take it down and you are happy. They also know that people are happy their truck/car is being used as advertisement, with or without their permission. :shrug:

It's a gray area of the internet...

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, I know. It only bothers me when they steal my artwork and get paid for it. That really sucks.

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
I don't know why you're getting so butthurt about it, did you see the disclaimer on the bottom of the website? As of 10am EST, the photo is still on the site; have you asked an admin at carpaper.net to remove the photo?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I don't know why you're getting so butthurt about it, did you see the disclaimer on the bottom of the website? As of 10am EST, the photo is still on the site; have you asked an admin at carpaper.net to remove the photo?
I didn't get butthurt about it at all. When I said it bothers me when someone steals my artwork, I meant my paintings. I paint oil paintings for a living. I thought it was hilarious that someone other than me, would want to use a photo of my truck sitting in my driveway as wallpaper.

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
... I thought it was hilarious that someone other than me, would want to use a photo of my truck sitting in my driveway as wallpaper.
Dude, I can't even begin to tell you of all of the bizarre and strange things I have had as wallpaper over the years. A picture of a nice looking ride like yours as wallpaper would be a compliment.:thumbup:

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Dude, I can't even begin to tell you of all of the bizarre and strange things I have had as wallpaper over the years. A picture of a nice looking ride like yours as wallpaper would be a compliment.:thumbup:
Thanks. I think trucks like yours would be a lot more popular. I just ordered mine from Chevy the way I wanted it. They get all the credit except for the cap and the tires.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.