Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally had my smaxx keys,shackles, diff drop,ball joint flip spacers, and kyb shocks installed in my truck then aligned!i had to replace both tie rods and I'm totally happy with the look of my truck,but today I noticed a slight noise/hum/vibration coming from front of the truck I think ...it happens around 20-30 mph? Could noise be from tires wearing unevenly and then being aligned properly . When I bought the truck the front tires were scalloped and the dealer put them on the back and said they fixed the alignment?

·
Registered
362 Posts
mine did the same thing after my bj flip, i chalked it up to tire wear prior to the flip, no probs and no uneven tire wear

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh ok cool I kinda thought it was the tires and not somthing major ie front diff ,I'm probably gonna have the mechanic check it out anyway! Did yours take a while for the noise to go away or did you get new tires and rims?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
hmmm, keep an eye on your wheel hubs, if they have wear and are on their way out, cranking the truck will accentuate the problem.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks for the responses guys I was starting to get nervous about my lift which sucks because it's Freakin AWSOME!! Thanks again guys this site has been invaluable over the past year.now I just have to save up for DC-2 and some tires:th_woot:

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Most likely your tires see if rotating them from front to back changes anything if your rear tires don't have choppy wear it should give you an indication

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I took it to my mechanic he said it was the tires then he asked if I wanted a mechanics slip to show my wife LOL! Now I just have to save up some money.Thanks for the response though.:355group:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts