Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Strattec recently released a new series of locks, called the BOLT series, that are designed to be programmed to a single truck ignition key. This patented one-key lock technology is now available to work with the center-cut key design of the 2015 Chevrolet Silverado HD, 2015 GMC Sierra HD as well as the 2015 Chevrolet Colorado and 2015 GMC Canyon models. The Bolt series locks are just one of several Strattec products available to secure trailers, tools and gear. Take a look at some of the other Strattec products below.

• Weatherproof BOLT Coupler Pin Lock – designed to secure trailers when not in tow, it fits the 5/8-inch GM coupler, and slides easily along the stainless steel pin.

• BOLT’s 5/8-inch and 1/2-inch Receiver Locks – prevent theft of trailer ball mount or accessories, features a durable, solid stainless steel lock shutter designed to keep out elements and debris, and a plate tumbler sidebar that prevents picking and bumping.

• Padlock 2.0 – for a range of applications, features a chrome-plated hardened steel shackle and a double ball bearing locking mechanism, made of weatherproof, corrosion-resistant automotive grade stainless steel.

• BOLT Cable Locks – made from six-foot long 1/4-inch black vinyl coated coiled cable, feature a crush-resistant body shell and an auto-return spring which locks automatically when key is removed, securing equipment, cabinets, storage compartments and more.

• The BOLT Toolbox Latch Retrofit Kit – enables a toolbox cylinder retrofit, helps protect and secure toolboxes with an automotive-grade cylinder. Comes with an original factory handle and works with DeeZee(r), UWS Truck Accessories and other toolbox brands featuring a paddle-style handle.

All BOLT locks are sold with a limited lifetime warranty, and can be purchased directly from their website here. They are also available at 4 Wheel Parts, Advanced Auto Parts, Basspro.com, Cabela’s, Canadian Tire, Pep Boys, and SummitRacing.com.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
These Items don't work with the 2015 Colorado. I was the guinea pig who took the leap from Amazon. Our key is too short to engage the lock mechanism. Jason at Bolt Lock has looked into the issue and will update the availability when they come up with a solution. Here is his email to me:

Jeremy,
That works too. I can definitely do that, though please be aware that I don't have a time frame at this point on when a potential new design of the padlock would be available.

Regards,

Jason Buckles
Web Marketing Analyst & Developer
Strattec Security
Phone - 414.247.3673 | E-Mail - [email protected]

On 02/17/15 5:31 PM, Jason Buckles wrote:
> Jeremy,
> Our engineers had some more time to dig into the problem this afternoon and your first thought that the key was too short to work with the padlocks was correct. The blade of the key is unfortunately too short to reach all the way to the back of the padlock to successfully code the lock cylinder. We are still looking to see if this problem also exists with the rest of the line of locks or not.
>
> What I can do for you is a couple of things. The first option, I can send the lock back to you that you just sent in and then you can return it to Pep Boys for a refund. The second option is that if you still have the receipt if you could just e-mail me a copy of the receipt I will get a check written for you for the cost of the lock.
>
> Please let me know what you would like to do and I'm sorry that we couldn't get the locks to work with your key.
>
> Regards,
> Jason
>
> Jason Buckles
> Web Marketing Analyst & Developer
> Strattec Security
> Phone - 414.247.3673 | E-Mail - [email protected]
>
> From: Jason Buckles
> Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2015 11:59 AM
> To: Jeremy Cerveira
> Subject: Re: GM key Bolt Lock help
>
> Jeremy,
> I just talked to our engineers and we aren't sure exactly what is causing your problem with the locks, I even coded a lock with a similar key just now and didn't have any problems. I think the best thing for us to do would be to get that lock sent back to us and we can send you out a replacement lock from our stock. Once we have the lock back the engineers can dig into it and find out what is exactly stopping the lock from working.
>
> What is your shipping address and I will get a lock out to you ASAP. You can send the padlock you have back to me at:
> Jason Buckles
> c/o STRATTEC Security
> 3333 W Good Hope Rd
> Milwaukee, WI 53209
>
> Thank you,
> Jason
>
>
> Jason Buckles
> Strattec Security
> Facebook Twitter YouTube

> From: Jason Buckles
> Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2015 10:58 AM
> To: Jeremy Cerveir
> Subject: Re: GM key Bolt Lock help
>
> Good Morning Mr. Cerveir,
> I'm sorry for the problems you are having with your BOLT Padlock. I am not aware of any problems at this time regarding coding of the a GM Center Cut Padlock with a Colorado key. The coding process is as easy as it shows in the videos so there should be no reason to put the lock in a vise just to code it.
>
> A couple of questions so I can take some information to our engineers so they can help figure out what the problem is, unfortunately your 2013 Silverado key will not work in that particular padlock. First, was the rubber seal over the key hole still in place when you opened the packaging? Second, would be able to send me a picture of your key blade?
>
> In the meantime I'm going to talk to our engineers to make sure there isn't any known problems with the Colorado keys and our center cut locks.
>
> Thank you,
> Jason
>
>
> Jason Buckles
> Strattec Security

1 - 2 of 2 Posts