Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
all your base
9,599 Posts
i had one, but it wouldn't fit when i got my fiberglass hood.. the fitment was OK and it took a lot of prep work to get it all smoothed out before paint.. if i were you i'd just get another OEM one :shrug:

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Agreed, the one I had would have needed extensive work to fit, just get another stock one, or be prepared to do a lot of work to it.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
How does the interior fan draw air thru that thing?

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
There are holes along the front, it draws air from the engine bay.

You can see them in this pic

·
Registered
52 Posts
I realize this is an old thread, but I wish I had more specifics about what needs to be done to the street scene wiper cowl to make it fit.
It seems like the factory wiper cowls only last 4 years, and only look new the first year.
<in California sun>
I'm thinking about the street scene one since the factory one costs $120 from partsgeek
and the street scene is $150 from CARiD both include shipping.
For the extra $30 I might not have to replace it every 4 years.
I don't care about painting since i'm planning on a paint job anyways.
I'm using my stock hood, so no issues there.
anyone?
I searched all I could, but no specifics on how to mod to make it fit.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts
I have one that i never installed it your looking to buy one.

·
all your base
9,599 Posts
It will fit with the OE hood.. But just be warned that the fiberglass is thin and is prone to warping. When i got mine a long time ago it would not sit flush with the windshield, it was wavy ~~~~~

·
Registered
52 Posts
Good to know it's wavy, that's the problem I have with the stock one, perhaps replacing every so many years will be part of my maintenance schedule, lol
Wonder if I have street scene or factory wiper cowl line-x'd if that would prevent warping.
At least the stock one begins its life flat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts