Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw there's 2 members of the forum that actually have this rollpan, neither have pics of the back of the truck in their profile- and I haven't heard anything back on my PMs...

Does anyone have a pic of this rollpan on a truck? feedback on installation/quality?

They're considerably cheaper than my alternatives, (SS/SM, I don't like the Xenon) I prefer a flush/clean look. Open to suggestions.

Also... Do all of these look the same or is it just my eyes playing tricks on me?

Street Scene Product Closeup
2004-C Colorado / Canyon Steel Roll Pan w/lic. plt box - eBay (item 380290655396 end time Jan-17-11 14:31:32 PST)
04 05 06 07 Chevy Colorado rollpan roll pan bumper - eBay (item 120668445226 end time Feb-05-11 10:56:39 PST)

·
5cylinder and Tire slayer
16,420 Posts
Yeah they all look the same to me too..

never seen one on the truck tho

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<3 .. I actually had just gotten a PM back from one of the persons. I didn't know they were all the same manf and just rebranded. That's pretty crazy.

Thanks a lot for the pics everyone. I'll be putting my order in tomorrow :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Diggin up an old thread, but I recently installed this rollpan and it doesn't quite line up. The gap between the gate and the pan is 1". I lined up the bottom of the pan with the bedsides then put the gate on and bam, huge gap! I've contacted the supplier to make sure that I got the right pan, box says all the right stuff, but it just isn't right. I previously had a smooth pan across the back, removed that since it got dented, the bed corners are exactly as they came from the factory, but this rollpan just doesn't line up like it looks in the pictures previously. I don't have it perfectly aligned right now, it could go up about 1/4" but that's still a 1" gap, I got frustrated and just tightened the screws down and gave up for the night. It will be welded in eventually, after I get the fit right. Did anybody else who has this pan have this issue? It looks good, except for the gap I'm very happy with it and the look I'm getting. It also had a bit of extra bend on the top "fastening area" I had to bend it back close to 90 degrees so that it didn't look like a spoiler and not a rollpan, but most pans I've seen have some degree of the upper bend being off. I put it on the metal break and was able to get it close, still needs a lil TLC, I just don't see the few extremely small adjustments left to make, making up the 1" gap that's there, I might be able to get it to 3/4" but that's still huge!!!! BTW trading the gate to someone for a factory gate so I wont have 2 plates lol Please let me know if you guys have any suggestions or if you had similar issues with your rollpan.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Seriously, its a huge gap, I got out a tape measure 1.5", my last one was 1/2". It only needs 3/8" to allow the gate to move, it looks nothing like the pics further up the thread.

·
Roll Damn Tide!
631 Posts
Judging the pic, something looks WAYYYY off... u sure they didn't send you one for a S-10?? I know the specs are very close.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Box says 04-06 Colorado, supplier offered a refund, after I ship it back. I just want one that fits! Tried to say I modded the tailgate, but I didn't change any dimensions, just smoothed it. Hopefully we can get it figured out!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts