Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have strobes on their truck? I know someone on here has lights because they're a fireman or something. Pics and videos would be sweet. I want to put red and blue ones in my lights.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Yes a few members do, RSQUIRES has them, same with NORMS (name to long to fully list :p )

Just be advised, that its against the law to have them turned on while a vehicle is moving, unless you are an emergency official. aka. Volly Fire, EMT, Paramedic, or even off duty police officer.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a five banger whats not ricer about that? and im not going to put under glow on the damn thing just some flashers in the lights.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
i will have strobes in the signals and reverse lights and mabe in the third brake light too....some day

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
Hmm I dont think hes talking about the autozone strobes lol. Think he was going for more of the police effect.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Like the Whelen style? Ehhh i guess... but for what?

I was actually gonna make my highbeams flash back and forth just for like flashing people to get the fuck outta my way on the freeway but thats about it.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Having red/blue strobes in your vehicle when you are not a fireman/policeman is like having military stickers on your truck when you were never in the military..just makes you look like a jackass when ya turn them on.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well im sure not talking about the autozone strobes those things suck. I want real ones for like car shows and stuff. Its just for fun.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Having red/blue strobes in your vehicle when you are not a fireman/policeman is like having military stickers on your truck when you were never in the military..just makes you look like a jackass when ya turn them on.

i think its ok when people have military stickers on their cars it just means they support us. Its the same concept of having a cowboys sticker or yankees or something. They're just showing support for the team.

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
Like the Whelen style? Ehhh i guess... but for what?

I was actually gonna make my highbeams flash back and forth just for like flashing people to get the fuck outta my way on the freeway but thats about it.
Yea Iv been thinking about a light bar for exactly this reason. We get alot of people that drive hella slow in the fast lane...or jackasses that decide to cut you off. Usually I just get on their ass till they get outta my way but it would be so much better to flip on the lights to scare the shit outta them...then just keep driving :lol:

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Yea Iv been thinking about a light bar for exactly this reason. We get alot of people that drive hella slow in the fast lane...or jackasses that decide to cut you off. Usually I just get on their ass till they get outta my way but it would be so much better to flip on the lights to scare the shit outta them...then just keep driving :lol:
or train horn :naughty: :lol:

·
Registered
2,643 Posts

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
I've got Whelen HAWs. Looking around for an LED TA to replace the two lights in the back window.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN_jnrW_NKE
Yea I guess those look tight. I liken all except the little LED lookin thingies i guess in the windows. All the ones hidden in the light assemblies are cool though. Where would someone buy Whelen parts from?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts