Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to replace my original struts this weekend only to find out all the OEM manufactured struts dont have the lower flange notched out for the coil, they include a plastic spacer to seat the coil. With that being the case, having the lower flange moved downward just ever so slightly to accommodate the plastic coil seat, upon reinstall of the new struts, the lower flange hits the bottom of the bumpstop now. :th_crazy:

I know I cant be the only person that is still running suspensionmaxx that needs struts replaced, but I cant seem to locate any part numbers that resemble the original factory GM strut in the truck.

Any feedback on a solution or a potential part number for a strut that will fit?

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Are you running these spacers that go one top

If so it should have came with a bump stop extender kit also but you will have to cut out the old bump stomp mount to match the cut out on the spacer and the shock will mount right back in just fine and have plenty if room to move

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Using both the spacers at this point.

I removed the bumpstop to try and make some extra room to work, but the plastic spring seat still hits the original when compressing the LCA to put the bolt through the lower strut bushing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately i had to put the old strut back in as this is my daily driver.

What replacement struts have others used? Maybe I just picked up the wrong part.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts