Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Colorado 2wd z85 crewcab. Completely stock for now.
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey y'all,

Looking into replacing my shocks soon. Was wondering what people recommend. I've got a 2012 2wd z85 with 75k miles. I want to get rid of the floaty, swaying uncontrolled feeling of the truck. I've been looking at the kyb gas a justs. I've used kyb before and had no issues. I actually have them in my 07 Tahoe and love em. BUT I do plan on lowering my Colorado 3 inches front and rear someday with djm lca and blocks and don't want to change the shocks again when that day comes. So what can I use for both stock height now and lowered height later?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BUMP.

I'm ready to make a purchase. Just need some recommendations...

·
CALI BOSS
6,308 Posts
Search the forum for QA1 adjustable shocks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Search the forum for QA1 adjustable shocks
Those look amazing. If I were planning to autocross the truck then I'd definitely consider spending that kind of money and time to modify. I'm just looking for something that is just the next step above OEM shocks.

How do the belltech street performance shocks compare to kyb gas-a-justs? The prices are basically a $10-15 difference.

·
CALI BOSS
6,308 Posts
Those look amazing. If I were planning to autocross the truck then I'd definitely consider spending that kind of money and time to modify. I'm just looking for something that is just the next step above OEM shocks.

How do the belltech street performance shocks compare to kyb gas-a-justs? The prices are basically a $10-15 difference.
I have not tried the KYB so I don't have experience to share. The Belltech Street Performance shocks just felt a little stiffer than stock but overall handling was the same. The only thing I've tried that gets rid of the floaty, swaying uncontrolled feeling have been the QA1 adjustable shocks. I work out of my truck 5 days a week and sometimes take it on long highway drives of 500+ miles round trip. The QA1 shocks have absolutely been the best and well worth the investment. Other members have the Belltech adjustable shocks and have been happy with them. Another brand I've seen mentioned, but not read about yet, is Fabbot Viking Coilovers. The Belltech set does not require any modifications to install.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have not tried the KYB so I don't have experience to share. The Belltech Street Performance shocks just felt a little stiffer than stock but overall handling was the same. The only thing I've tried that gets rid of the floaty, swaying uncontrolled feeling have been the QA1 adjustable shocks. I work out of my truck 5 days a week and sometimes take it on long highway drives of 500+ miles round trip. The QA1 shocks have absolutely been the best and well worth the investment. Other members have the Belltech adjustable shocks and have been happy with them. Another brand I've seen mentioned, but not read about yet, is Fabbot Viking Coilovers. The Belltech set does not require any modifications to install.
Those fabbot ones look amazing. Wow. Just seeing those is making me rethink this whole thing. Maybe I need to save up for a legit upgrade

1 - 8 of 8 Posts