Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2005 Chevy Colorado LS with Front Strut (no torsion bars), New to Chevy and Lifting World. I Installed 3" fabtech Spindle Kit, changed the upper & lower ball joints, inner & outer tie rods, I also have a 2-3" Strut Spacer that mounts top of strut to frame, to get 5 - 6 " lift.

My Problems are:
My Upper Control Arm is Stuck on Down Position
When i jack up the vehicle from the Lower Control Arm to see if upper arms move, The whole car goes up
I also running stock tires for now, once my lift works out. I already have a 17X9 Fuel wheels with 1.5 spacer ready to install, I'm just trying to achieve a 5- 6" lift so i can go and install hopefully 33" tires after some cutting at tire shop.

I don't want to install Body Lift because they don't look good, and i want to stick with the Fabtech Spindle because i cant return it anymore. I don't know if i should purchase an upper control arm and the problem would be solved (Found Michigan Metal Works makes arms but don't know the length it should be 1/4 longer or 3/8 longer , or is the lift to high for the vehicle and cant be done.

Sway bar also i want to install back on the car, I believe its called a sway bar drop kit? Where can i get that?
or how tick does the bracket need to be to make it work, maybe i can make one from steel?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
In the picture it appears you have the control arm stuck under the spring not letting it collapse as it should. If that is not the case, did you try loosening the control arm bolts to see if you torqued them too much?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, I have about 8mm gap from the spring, it is not touch it just a bad picture. The lower ball joint bolt is straight , the upper ball joint bolt is at an angle almost maxed out, i tried loosing upper and lower control arm bolts shock barley compressed an inch, i also removed the upper control arm completely to see if that helps, but the shock compressed about 1 1/2. Could it be that the 2-3" spacing from the shock is angling the shock to low and its angling the shock a position with pressure to not compress. I'm going to install the tie rods ends to the spindle today and try to drive the vehicle out my garage to see if it will settle.

Has anyone done a 3" fabtech spindle and spacers to get a 6" lift, i see no forums or discussions on it. I keep seeing the 4" Lift kits.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts