Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im making a list of crap to buy to make the truck more fast and frankly, more fun cause I've become bored. I was thinking JTR shortie headers, supermod. Ported throttle body, engine overhaul, transmission overhaul and corvette servo add, dyno tune.... am I missing anything? Maybe an efan? I have a cold air intake, glasspack exhaust, jet mod. 1 chip and Bosch spark plugs. Just looking for more projects to spend money on...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Just so you know I just installed my jtr shortie header and while I do love it, it took well over a month for me to get it, and the last 2 weeks jtr didn't even have it, they came from a company called Sanderson headers out of California

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
Sanderson manufactures the JTR header for them is why.

Remove the JET chip, it isn't doing anything at all. The best performance you will get is to add a long tube header, though a shorty is fine too just gives a little less low end. Ported throttle body won't hurt but it really doesn't give much if any more horsepower. Removing the second cat will give a few hp but you will have to do the o2 mod or have the o2 turned off in your tune. Definitely do the efan, it gave me a much bigger boost than I expected when I did it. On the note of a tune, get a real dyno tune or a street tune not just a mail order tune. Other than that you are looking at big money for nitrous, heads/cam, or super/turbo. There are performance cams made for the 3.5 but they are 1800 dollars.

Do the corvette servos with your 4l60e and get it tuned. Don't worry about getting the transmission built because that won't make your truck any faster and you won't be making enough power to warrant it unless you go power adder.

T

·
0 Posts
PTB: more reactivity from a stop light, no added hp but worth it, corvette servos, long tube headers for more low end torque, Efan less drag on water pump but very few hp gain, and of course tune, I had my tcm/ecm done by Jeremy Limeswap (limequat) for my 3.7 and what a difference, but do the tuning when you already done all other mods.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I was looking into the corvette servos and I've got about 121,000+ miles on the tranny. Is the servo install gonna be ok on it with that many miles. Looking at a rebuild would cost about $1800

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What's the price of all the other mods you want to do?
Looks like $95 for servos, looks like $350 for shorty headers (cause i guess the long headers dont work for 4x4s), i think $100 for supermod. PTB (with the exchange), ?? I dont know how much for the efan, and probably $400 for a dyno with tune

T

·
0 Posts
$100 for a limeswap tune, you will get almost the same results as with the dyno tune but for 1/4 price... I had one for my 3.7, for my father vortecmax 6.0 and now for the 5.3 swap and I am always happy with the results...

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
$100 for a limeswap tune, you will get almost the same results as with the dyno tune but for 1/4 price... I had one for my 3.7, for my father vortecmax 6.0 and now for the 5.3 swap and I am always happy with the results...
I haven't heard about them. Seems like a better choice to me and save quite a bit of coin! With the servos, headers, limeswap tune, efan and PTB, what kind of gains you think I'd be looking at? Could i keep up with a stock v8? Maybe be able to pass v6s?

T

·
0 Posts
For sure you will beat some v6 trucks, and some full-size v8s, and you will feel first a big kick in the ass, lol

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
For sure you will beat some v6 trucks, and some full-size v8s, and you will feel first a big kick in the ass, lol
HAHA! Awesome! That's what I was hoping for. My older brother has a 2009 Silverado and I wanna be able to get past him when we go to the interstate to bust it out :D Looks like I need to start ordering some parts! As for the limeswap, do you have any suggestions for the configuration?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts