Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked all over here and the net since I purchased my truck and cannot find anyone that has utilized the space under the jump seats in an extended. Is it possible to build a box that will fit under there to house 2 subs? Not interested in keeping the middle console. I have seen 12volts box for the crew cabs and often wondered if it would work in a EC if the seats were raised. What would be the safest method and height you could raise the seats? I would love to put the bass in the doors but do not have the patience/time or $ to do on my daily driver. Any thoughts suggestions would be greatly appreciated. On a side note, great site and tons of info for us rado noobs!

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
You have to be pretty creative to keep the jumpers. Some people have made shallow mount sub enclosures and stuck them under the seats. You can always get a really nice sub and stick between the seats. I dunno man, I am probably not the best person to ask because I am planning on ripping mine out next year and putting something huge back there :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Audiofire box is probably what I was leaning towards. where do you see that it will hold 10's? The decription just mentions 8's.

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
The Audiofire box is probably what I was leaning towards. where do you see that it will hold 10's? The decription just mentions 8's.
oh shit, they must have modified it; it used to say 8's or 10's. sorry, i will email them about that.

J

·
0 Posts
hell, through 2 12's in that bitch!!! i did :D haha. the backseats in hte extended cab's are pretty worthless anyway so

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks switzxx20. I dig the first one. I may resolve to do one 10 and use the space under the seats for amps like pictured. I'm sure the space could be used if one were to glass something up, but I am much better with wood. I just need to keep one seat for the kid, but would prefer to keep the floor space cleared so she could move through unencumbered. I also need room for the golf clubs! Maybe get a hard cover and lock them both back there and have what I would really like? Thanks for th input gents.

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
LOL there we go, just couldnt seem to find it :shrug:

That's a pretty neat setup, just wonder how it sounds ....
he said he didn't expect it to hit very hard but it was supprisingly pretty good. just from what he posted.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts