Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i know the answer might be that its gonna sound like junk....BUT im just wondering everyones opinions...

I have a hard tonneau cover over my bed and the entire back is carpeted and water tight. i am wanting more cab room in my reg cab and am wonder...if i was to put my subwoofer in my bed how would it sound? im not about to go do a blow-through anytime soon its just not a good idea since i plan on selling the truck at some point in time.

but what do you all think? has anyone done it? i probably wont go through with it unless i hear really good reviews but its just an idea to consider.

thanks!

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
if you don't port it into the cab or go with a blow through its your not gonna hear it. even if you could hear it, it won't sound good. go with a shallow mount sub behind the seat.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Build a custom enclosure for the one you have.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah man...think about this. If your tonneau is as watertight as you say it is, turn up your stereo all the way, get out of your truck and shut the doors/windows. That's how loud your sub will be...by half. Unless you plan to keep your windows down all the time. :shrug:

Or, turn your stereo on and close your doors and crawl into your bed...shut the tonneau...either way you'll know what it will sound like. :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well now wait a minute......If you tune it right, leave the doors and tonneau cover open and stay behind the truck....it should work great for Block Parties. :high5:

·
Registered
839 Posts
i was thinking about putting some subs in the bed of my truck just for when i go to car shows for smartwax i can play music and bump to draw the crowd over.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well...yeah. I mean, if that's what you guys are going for, then go for it. But as far as functionality for listening from inside the cab...it's not going to sound good at all. :shrug:

·
3'' of glory
17,130 Posts
ya i dont know about this one.

one of my boys back home had an s-10. he had the full figerglass shell and tunnelled the cab. he threw a 15'' kicker and kenwood amp back there and man that shit was loud.

like mc said for shows sure go for it, but for it sounding good i dont think thats going to happen. it would sound like someone is behind you at a stop light with a system.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i have installed one 12 back there b4 along with the the mids i've current got back there. but i had another 12 also in the cab. you def could notice the diff but im sure your all right with it just not sounding right. i just want my damn behind-seat room back. has anyone seen a box with a super shallow mount sub done under the seats?? i looked all around and couldnt find anything.

i will agree that it wont sound right (at all) but it was just a thought. by mid summer im going to have a 12 back there to go with the mids anyways. i have the tonneau popped and chill back there quite a bit during the warmer months . its a damn beast at the drive-ins and tailgaters! haha

thanks on the input.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
o snap! haha i had forgotten that you had that setup. how does it hit? im use to a somewhat deep bass and fairly hard pounding setup. thanks dude!

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
not mine. I'm getting some put in (its been like a week) im going to check the progress today and take some pictures. My friend has a similar setup to the one I posted in his tacoma. shallow mounts really do not give you the "hard" pounding bass as a regular sub would give you but they sound pretty good and take up very little space.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
def gonna look into that. i like the way my sub hits but its just that it needs so much space. thanks

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Does that setup allow for a passenger to sit in that seat? I'm thinking some hard hitting music and the girlys will line up for a ride :)

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Does that setup allow for a passenger to sit in that seat? I'm thinking some hard hitting music and the girlys will line up for a ride :)
yeah the seat goes right back down.

I just got back from the place im getting all my stuff installed.
they just took every thing apart so far. and are making a custom box.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
massaging leather seats. thats what you need. i had them in my 89 jeep cherokee back in high school. they really did have the ladies wanting to go for a ride haha good times... if i get ahold of another massaging recliner i'll be gutting it and you'll see them make a reappear into the canyon!

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
massaging leather seats. thats what you need. i had them in my 89 jeep cherokee back in high school. they really did have the ladies wanting to go for a ride haha good times... if i get ahold of another massaging recliner i'll be gutting it and you'll see them make a reappear into the canyon!
you are truley a home made mod junkie. That would be sweet.

·
Registered
24 Posts
well i have installed one 12 back there b4 along with the the mids i've current got back there. but i had another 12 also in the cab. you def could notice the diff but im sure your all right with it just not sounding right. i just want my damn behind-seat room back. has anyone seen a box with a super shallow mount sub done under the seats?? i looked all around and couldnt find anything.

i will agree that it wont sound right (at all) but it was just a thought. by mid summer im going to have a 12 back there to go with the mids anyways. i have the tonneau popped and chill back there quite a bit during the warmer months . its a damn beast at the drive-ins and tailgaters! haha

thanks on the input.
Have you tried the shallow mount MB Quart? It sounds pretty nice...I think you save quite a bit of room too.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
no i havent. im debating selling the 12 and looking into 1 or 2 10s if i can fit them under the seat ...or in a super shallow box.....i got a jigsaw for x-mas so i dont have to borrow my neighbors anymore!!! haha sweeeeeet

1 - 20 of 23 Posts