Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got quoted to do my headliner without visors for 250 in suede. Is this a good deal or a rip off? they also want another 100 bucks for each visor.

·
Registered
81 Posts
$100/ visor???? :censored: woow man no way... $250 for the whole thing with visors, are we talking suede and labor or just one of the two or what?

reg, ext or crew cab??

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
man im going to school for marketing but was considering going to school for custom interior work. maybe i should consider changing fields...

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
I'm not up on custom upholstery prices...but I DO know that they charge an ASSLOAD of money, and get it! Those guys are few and far between. I once paid $250 for 2 custom seat covers for Blazer buckets I put in my S-10.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Whoa....man I was thinking real hard about doing my own headliner then taking some material and getting the visors done to match but thats high rent on visors. They are difficult to do though. I have done them in the past.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
turns out guys that he's an asshole and he was ripping me off, friend reccommended me to a different place. 40 dollars a visor and 220 for the whole headliner and its for an extended cab. Im getting it done tommorow, will defintly post pics.

·
Registered
169 Posts
:355: Post pics or risk an ass whooping!! haha

·
Registered
81 Posts
:yeahthat: .... that pricing sounds a bit better too, sometime you get what you pay for but that seems more reasonable

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is a reputable shop so im not nervous about the quality. The shop i originally took it too they are just an audio shop and they were suppose to be my friends, i swear man these audio shops make me sick to my stomach how much they charge dont you agree? Its like the audio shop takes the visors to the place and gets charged 40 dollars and then he says he did it and charges me a hundred dollars! how messed up is this?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
This is a reputable shop so im not nervous about the quality. The shop i originally took it too they are just an audio shop and they were suppose to be my friends, i swear man these audio shops make me sick to my stomach how much they charge dont you agree? Its like the audio shop takes the visors to the place and gets charged 40 dollars and then he says he did it and charges me a hundred dollars! how messed up is this?
which shop was the first quote from? and which shop are you getting it done at?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The first quote was from 2 guys auto biz off of viscaya and del prado right next to sound playground. James you know how screwed up these damn shops are, remember how much trouble i went through when we were hooking up my system. They charged me 800 dollars for my remote start alarm. The new shop is Great Western Auto Upholstery, my dads friend has had a few of his mercedes done down there. Its off Pondella by Mickey Franklins.

·
Registered
81 Posts
is it tomorow yet?????? hahaha

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
The first quote was from 2 guys auto biz off of viscaya and del prado right next to sound playground. James you know how screwed up these damn shops are, remember how much trouble i went through when we were hooking up my system. They charged me 800 dollars for my remote start alarm. The new shop is Great Western Auto Upholstery, my dads friend has had a few of his mercedes done down there. Its off Pondella by Mickey Franklins.
Yea that 2 Guys Auto place chose a VERY stupid location right next door to a reputable audio shop...You are most likely better off going with an upholstery company anyway. On a flip note $800 :eek: that is STEEP...shoulda went next door they would've done it for half...

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
that shop next door is a piece of shit man, its disgusting i would never bring my truck there. It pisses me off about the 2 guys auto biz, i brought them atleast 6000 dollars worth of business and they cant cut me a damn deal. I paid way too much for my rims from them. 2600! If i had to choose a audio shop in cape coral it'd be auto sound on the parkway or mickey franklins.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
that shop next door is a piece of shit man, its disgusting i would never bring my truck there. It pisses me off about the 2 guys auto biz, i brought them atleast 6000 dollars worth of business and they cant cut me a damn deal. I paid way too much for my rims from them. 2600! If i had to choose a audio shop in cape coral it'd be auto sound on the parkway or mickey franklins.
personally the only place I would trust touching my stuff is Cartunes...they do ALL custom work for Ft. Myers Toyota...I know the guy Nicky at Sound Playground and he is a trustworthy guy, but his partner I don't trust...

I would NEVER go to AutoSound personally...I had a CD player stolen out of one of my cars and a couple months later it was on their shelf...not to mention I have heard too many bad things about them. I would buy stuff from them but not trust them touching my truck...

As far as Micky's I haven't heard anything bad about them except for the fact that Micky punched my aunt dead in her face back when he was a druggy (no I am not implying that my aunt is a druggy...they were just friends). I would trust them to put wheels on my truck though definately...

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
so after reading this thread and always wanting to i took down my visors and cut the fabric off them. going to the store tomm to pick up fabric. should be interesting...

i have done a couple headliners before. its really not that bad its actually quite easy! but i think im going to have some difficulty doing these visors...
my thought is that in doing the visors it will motivate me to do the headliner and when i take that down i'll have to motivation to paint my overhead console and other pieces on the roof. the visors are soo ugly bald...ugh.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah so bad news, after i finally find someone to follow me out there while i drop my truck off for the day and get a ride back to my job and then they call and tell me they dont have the material and wont get it until monday! So now i have to wait till 4 at work with no truck. Then find someone on monday to follow me out there and take me back. I had my friend do it and all she did was bitch at me.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts