Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this idea off Tayo from his little dabble in suede a long time ago... Not bad for my first attempt at it :D

So my girl got home today and I had to take her Envoy to Walmart in order to pick up a couple things I needed to finish a project I am working on for my Canyon.

Well, I am driving to Walmart and lean on the arm rest and pinch the shit out of my arm from the cracked platic housing below the cover. I have done this several times, but this time it HURT! haha

I go in, can't find what I need for the truck, then stop by the Fabric section to check out what they have. I was initially looking for a leather that looked like what is on the dashboard, but then I say some nice tan suede (Walmart fake of course :D ) tucked away in the back of one of the racks. I pull it out, it feels like real suede and I look at the pricel. $1 for a yard!! That just answered my question.. I picked up some other things I needed; glue, padding and velcro, then made my merry way home. As soon as I dropped everything in the kitchen, I was back outside with my screwdriver ripping into the Voy haha.

Here are shots of the final product. I am really amazed it came out as good as it did. I really didn't expect it to work out so well. The color is slightly off, but it isn't that noticable. Also, it is really comfy now haha.

Let me know what you guys think.

What I started with.. bad pic but only one I have...

What it became...

I might attempt to work it into the door panels or perhaps some other places, maybe cover all the black pieces in it.. Not sure how that would look though.

All in all, this has been one hell of a weekend for me... Worked on Paul's truck, worked on my tonneau, worked on my cluster, worked on the Voy... wonder what next weekend will bring :tayo:

·
Registered
563 Posts
i think wanna do this to mine now.

·
Registered
563 Posts
there are a few places online.

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
looks good dude..I attempted vinyl wrapping my armrest yesterday didnt turn out so hot...hehehe back to the original plan of suede for me

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't even get me started on that behemeth of a duffle bag haha.. I still don't understand why the hell she needs a "purse" that big. I told her next time she asks for anything larger than that one, she is getting a backpack haha.

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
looks good man

1 - 15 of 15 Posts