Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was asking for this one. I picked up a load of bricks at the home improvement store and I got two pen line thin 1 inch long scratches on the outside of my bed.

What are your suggestions... Right now I have two ideas going through my head.

1. Go to the dealer body shop and have them fixed "correctly"
2. Buy a scratch fix repair kit and some fine grit stand paper and some polish

·
Registered
964 Posts
Check with local dealership for some touchup paint or look at auto parts store. Alot of the new touchup paints now have two ways to apply them. Brush or pen. Also buy a prep pen to get all the trash out of the scractch and prep the surface for the paint. As for finishing the scratch, you can buy one of several repair kits with 1000 grit paper to nice kits with grits from 2000 to 12,000 grit cloths. Either way you go take your time and the results will be well worth it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. Probably good investments since I have more bricks to get :disgust: . I'm going to look into the prep pen. Living in the rust belt any thing to give the truck a fighting chance.

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
I put two scratches that were about 2" long and 1/8" wide that went down to the metal in mine. I just filled it with the duplicolor pen, waited for it to cure then wetsanded it with 2000 grit and then buffed. You can hardly tell now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts