Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I got my truck it had a JL Stealthbox with a 10w3 in it. Decent little sub. Totally surprised me many times. But being an audio fanatic I had to have more. I've got various amps, subs, heads, wiring, and speakers on hand so I started experimenting. Ended up going with the big SA-15 in a sealed box. I know those subs get loud in ported but I'm not real sure about giving up the entire rear seating area for a 4 cu/ft box. Going sealed I was able to trim that down to 2.5 cu/ft and keep the pass side rear seat fully functional. I am going to build the ported box just to see how much difference there is but for now I'm super happy with what I've got.

I'm only running it on a punch 400.2 right now and it beats pretty hard. Lots of thump on rock and really digs deep and loud on rap/decaf.

I'm not happy with how the vinyl turned out but it was cheap and I hate a plain carpeted box.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I always loved 15s. I had 2 15s in the hatch of my 82 Z28 in highschool in the late 90s. And for a little while i squeezed 4 15s back there. I didnt know anything about tuning a box properly but it was all fun back then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts