Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just getting the ball rolling here. I just purchased a Magnuson supercharger kit for 09 & up Colorado's, to install in my 08 H3 Hummer Alpha. Its been pretty hectic just trying to line up whats needed to do this. Turns out the supercharger and components should bolt right up.
Just need to get the tune worked out since magnuson wont touch it.
Looking forward to learning all I can, especially if you have any experiance with this type of mod.:drinking28:

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Re: Spercharged 5.3

Welcome to the nation! This thing should be a monster when it's all said and done. Any pics of it?

·
pssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
1,999 Posts
Why won't they touch it? I thought if you send them your ECM they put on a tune for you?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why won't they touch it? I thought if you send them your ECM they put on a tune for you?
They said they can not tune it since its not the kit for the Hummer, not only that, they would not even sell me the Colorado kit at that point, I had to buy it from a second party.
But the second party had one on the shelf, and I saved a couple hundred on it also. It shipped out today, should have it early next week.

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
They said they can not tune it since its not the kit for the Hummer, not only that, they would not even sell me the Colorado kit at that point, I had to buy it from a second party.
But the second party had one on the shelf, and I saved a couple hundred on it also. It shipped out today, should have it early next week.
Same engine, but they wouldn't support. I wonder if who you spoke with just didn't have their head screwed on straight. I would think it wouldn't be a problem considering it is essentially the same.

·
pssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
1,999 Posts
The couple hundred you saved is probably because the tune is not included. But yes, they should of easily been able to do the tune for you, the guy you talked to must not have known anything

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The sales guy kept going back and forth talking with one of their engineers. They say it won't even fit the motor.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
are you sure the pulleys will line up ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
are you sure the pulleys will line up ?
I sure hope so. I cant see any difference in the pulley set up on the motor. The pulley set up is different between the hummer kit and Colorado kit because they no longer use the supercharger with the transfer shaft on the right side of the blower housing, now the shaft runs through the air intake housing (which I like better).
It just changes the position of the idler pulley on the right side to a higher position. It does not change the spacing at all.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Does the Hummer use the same water pump as
the colly ? that will determine whether the pully's
will line up. there's more room in the Hummer and
they could of used a longer pump.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So far it all appears the same, the only difference I am concerned with ( since I dont have the supercharger here until tuesday) is that looking in the instructions, they look like they have different locking tabs on the injectors. They just mention one has green the other grey. So I hope my plugs will lock into the injectors on the kit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Now that I look at it, there are different part numbers for the colly and hummer h3 alpha water pumps. Dont know what the difference is yet.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Now that I have the supercharger, I have found a few differences.
1. MAP sensor is different, I will have to use the Colorado MAP and splice the Colorado plug onto the H3 harness.
2. The oil pressure sending units are different, The plug is different, and the threads where it goes into the valley pan are different. I will use the Colorado sending unit ( I think ) and see if it will work, still need to find a way to plug it in though.
3. The valley pan gaskets are different. I bought one for the colorado to install the new valley pan cover, but it is different than the H3's. Not a big deal that I can see, just have to use the H3's pan gasket.

I sure hope this is it on the differences in the install, but im at a stand still until I get the oil pressure sending unit figured out. I did mount the pulley system up just to check and everything lines up there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, got the oil pressure sending unit worked out. Turns out that the threads are the same, the valley cover from magnuson had some big burs in them. Now the H3 sender fits fine after a little clean up work, and I don't have to change the electrical plug now.
Moving on with the install now.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts