Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally finished the install. The truck is running really rough though, but I half way expected that because I have a lot of other mods and I think the magnuson tune is made for stock setup. The idle is surging and not dropping off, and some pinging. Anyone else experience this problem after the install? I hope a tune will fix this. Also going to swap pulleys at the tuners to a 8psi pulley.

Mods I have:

Intake
Headers
Full exhaust with cats
Efan
NGK TR6 Plugs

·
Boosted V8
1,441 Posts
the only problem i could see is the headers being as the 02 sensor is reading a whole lot different parameters.... The tune will fix everything but i would be very easy on the truck until you get it there. The last thing you want to do is lean the motor out. Also with that pulley size you might run into fueling issues...

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Dyno tune to be safe

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I had the same mods when I finished my install and it dirint run rough at all,,, get it dyno tuned for best results,, I'm running a 3.4 pulley that's pretty much as low you can get without having fuel issues, I'm at around 8 or 9 psi can't remember

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the same mods when I finished my install and it dirint run rough at all,,, get it dyno tuned for best results,, I'm running a 3.4 pulley that's pretty much as low you can get without having fuel issues, I'm at around 8 or 9 psi can't remember
I also have a check engine light on

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I first put the headers on I had a misfire problem too, but the tuner straighten it out. I triple checked the coil packs and plug wires, everything is snug

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I have a custom intake too,, i had a check engine light also but that was cause I was on stock tune with headers and no cats

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
his sig says it was dyno tuned

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
Just get a dyno tune. For what you just invested and the cost of repairing or replacing the engine it more than pays for itself in peace of mind. Plus they will get every ounce of safe usable power out of it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just get a dyno tune. For what you just invested and the cost of repairing or replacing the engine it more than pays for itself in peace of mind. Plus they will get every ounce of safe usable power out of it.
I am getting it tuned Friday, was planning on it. I was just wondering if any one else's truck ran rough with similiR mods after sc install.

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
Those out of the box tunes arent great, also did you fill your tank with high octane? Premium is a must with boost or you will have some issues without a good amount of timing pulled.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I did send my pcm to Magnuson to get it programmed,,,, at least be able to take it to get dyno tuned,,, after that i took it to my tuner to get it dyno tuned and he deleted all the check engine stuff due to the cats being gone,,,, I'm running 93,, but I think your fine with 91

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
Hmm I would think with the money you spent on the blower that the tune would run it better than that from them. Could be that the 91 has a lot of ethanol in it as well, that's pretty common. I'm lucky here we can still get 93 which is pretty good at most stations.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I started at 369rwhp with the Magnuson tune and after I got it dyno tuned and did a pulley swap I ended up at 416rwhp 430rwtq pretty good diffrence

1 - 20 of 29 Posts