Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just a quick question about the servos for those of you that have installed the Superior ones. I got them in yesterday and the 1-2, 2-3, and 3-OD shift is great. The problem is that once in OD, my tach will bounce 300-400 rpm all the time. I can feel the truck surge and hear it too.

I took the servos back out this morning to check that I didn't twist an o-ring or mess up the install. Everything looked good from what I could tell so I'm not sure what is going on. The only thing I can think of is that band clearance is too much. I checked and I do believe that is it moving more than 1/8" when I press in on the servo cover. Did anyone else have to use the pin extender? :shrug:

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
what size od servo did u get there are two sizes i have had both now think 35% and a 50% i now have the 50% after i swaped my trans i have this too but no fucks given about this when i had the smaller one i did not notice this at all and i had a lot of wot shit n gets

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered the superior kit that everyone said was awesome. I got it all installed and OD was acting wonky. I called the number at the bottom of the install sheet this morning and talked to a guy who said one of the seals might be leaking or something. I couldn't find anything wrong with the install when I took them back out though.

After a call to the local shop I followed their advice and just reinstalled my stock servos so I can at least drive the truck without worrying about tearing something up. Hopefully the servos themselves aren't bad.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
I have that set and they work just fine. I have one question for you. Did you leave out the light blue spring that came with the 4th gear kit? You are told to leave it out.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
the extender is for older 60e's are's don't need them

go and reinstall again see if it does it also make sure every thing goes in order if u miss something it will cause a failure been there done that

·
Super Moderator
3,623 Posts
You don't use the blue spring that came with the OD servo. I've mine installed for about 2 years... no noises no issues.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, I left the blue spring out just like it said. Only spring I used was the large red return spring. Everything was assembled according to the instructions. It's possible the one Teflon ring came unseated then went back as I took it out.

Right now I'm putting the stock ones in and am gonna see if everything works again. I'll have to get some more O-rings for the cover before I install the super ones again.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So what was the problem/solution?
I put the stock ones back in with my last cover o-ring. Worked fine so I've been running them. Ordered a whole new set of rings for the superior servos. I'll put them in again when I get a chance. Been waiting to hear back about a tune for my engine first though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts