Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to see James for a tune today. Should be a good time. I will post results when I get back, and then post about track results in the racing section once that happens.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just got back home after a few high speed runs on the NJ Turnpike. The truck pulls harder than before and is way smoother. It also kicks down instantly when I go WOT, and that really helps when you want to pass someone here in NJ.

Thank you James, and I look forward to putting more miles on and figuring out what little tweaks we need to do.

·
Registered
63 Posts
How long did it take to schedule a tune with him ? I keep texting him but not getting a answer

·
Registered
93 Posts
How's throttle/shifting response after the tune? That's probably my biggest compaint with my 5cyl is that it feels like the motor/shifting is held back so much.

·
King in the North
235 Posts
How's throttle/shifting response after the tune? That's probably my biggest compaint with my 5cyl is that it feels like the motor/shifting is held back so much.
A ptb will solve your throttle response issues

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
That likely explains a lot! The number in the supermod post is old/wrong! I will txt ya tomorrow!

·
Registered
778 Posts
James and Dirty South Tuning, have tuned my truck 2 times know, and I love it. Its like a new truck, when they get done with it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My 4L60e is fully built, so programming can't make any differences. Throttle response is better than stock, but I still prefer drive by cable, not drive by wire.

I just sent James a PM since I need a tune adjustment, so we'll see how long it takes to hear back.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Just keep in mind he gets pretty jammed up
at his regular full time business sometimes.
but he will def get back to you. ASAP

1 - 17 of 17 Posts