Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

661 - 672 of 672 Posts

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
This included in the fan kit for 3.5L ?
It was included in my kit for a V8, so I would assume it would be for all other kits. It is a trigger point for turning the fans on. The other is when the A/C is turned on. At least that is how I understand it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I've decided I'm going to do the e-fan in conjunction with a v8 radiator for my 04 3.5. During the summer in Boise, we regularly see 100+ Temps, and with the AC running, I can hit Temps of 225.

James,do you think this setup would keep my Temps under 210 or so?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine's on order,...... can't wait for it to arrive. Anyone have leads on a solid aluminum radiator replacement when I go about installing the new fan? Might as well go ballz deep! Not a fan of plastic fused end tank with aluminum cooling fin design.

·
Registered
3 Posts
starting to do upgrades on my sons 2008 Chevy Colorado and just emailed James for the efan kit, He has the I5 engine in his Crew Cab Z71 is there anything else I will need for the kit that doesn't come with the kit?

·
Registered
3 Posts
has anyone heard from anyone on this efan need to get one ordered and tried to call it went straight to voicemail and emailed as well with no response

·
Registered
8 Posts
I expect a bit of response lag when contacting SM.... he's been a solid vendor for as long as I've been getting parts. Moreso than my number of posts, lol..... and I have been informed mine will be in the mail soon if not today. Happy Friday!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
1 question on the e-fan swap. Does the pcm control the fan turning on and off or not? Meaning if I install the fans AND get a tune will the pcm then control it turning on and off via the engine temp sensor?

661 - 672 of 672 Posts