Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
hey James I sent you a PM not sure if you got it. Was wanting to order a set of lights if you have any ready.

·
Registered
2 Posts
any reason why i can't buy just the switchback led bulbs and instill with the load resonator... will the white led not light up? will it turn on only when you put blinker on

·
Registered
352 Posts
any reason why i can't buy just the switchback led bulbs and instill with the load resonator... will the white led not light up? will it turn on only when you put blinker on
James explained this to me. He told me a 50 watt load resistor would over load your BCM and you would still get a hyper flash. So he uses Load resistors that match the load of the Stock halogen bulbs so you don't have the hyper flash. Plus James puts these kits together using zip ties, liquid black tape and other things to make it look really clean.

·
Registered
2 Posts
James explained this to me. He told me a 50 watt load resistor would over load your BCM and you would still get a hyper flash. So he uses Load resistors that match the load of the Stock halogen bulbs so you don't have the hyper flash. Plus James puts these kits together using zip ties, liquid black tape and other things to make it look really clean.
okay but what I'm not sure of is, will the white led in the switch back light up just with me putting the new led bulb in and having truck rerunning or do i have to do other stuff for the switchback white/amber drl to work

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
okay but what I'm not sure of is, will the white led in the switch back light up just with me putting the new led bulb in and having truck rerunning or do i have to do other stuff for the switchback white/amber drl to work
Plug and play. The harness going to your marker lights has a turn signal and running light signal. The kit is all made up to read these signals and be white while in running lamp mode and amber in turn signal mode.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
352 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
Just wanted to say THANKS for such a great mod! Just received the DTRL & SSSLD5. Walked right out to the garage and installed. Completely plug and play! Quality is top notch! Now I need 6000K HID lights and fogs to make it look right at night.... :th_woot:

·
I like beer
2,775 Posts
Got my DTRL relay and Switch Back white/Amber leds (SDSLD4 Kit) installed. All is good! Thanks again :supermod: Looks great with my HIDs (35w 5000k lows/fogs) that I ordered at the same time. Such an awesome front lighting makeover!

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
Got my DTRL relay and Switch Back white/Amber leds (SDSLD4 Kit) installed. All is good! Thanks again :supermod: Looks great with my HIDs (35w 5000k lows/fogs) that I ordered at the same time. Such an awesome front lighting makeover!
Do you have a pic of the 35w 5000k with the white on the marker drl? Been thinking I need to get 6000k 35w hid to match perfect.

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
I just want to say this merchandise is great, I no longer have my truck but someone in colorado is going to get a very good deal because I had my truck Supermodded out. Thank you James for all

·
I like beer
2,775 Posts
Do you have a pic of the 35w 5000k with the white on the marker drl? Been thinking I need to get 6000k 35w hid to match perfect.
Best i can do....but yeah 6000k might be a little better match. I'm still pretty happy with the 5000k tho.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Big Kudos to @Supermodulation on his awesome quality and lighting technology wisdom! Got my SSSLD5 DRL's installed yesterday and couldn't be more pleased. Another Happy Customer - Thanks James! :th_woot: :D

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet Pickup truck Land vehicle Car Vehicle Grille Bumper

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
One thing at a time, man...still work'n the lift. This site is draining my wallet. :D

I am planning the lights tho - going to paint inside plastic red (color match) and then add the HIDs. Should be working that mod in the next month or so as the stock lights are definitely yellowish.

61 - 80 of 107 Posts