Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 822 Posts

·
Administrator
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The SuperModulation SuperSparkz Ignition Coil Spark Plug Spring Delete Upgrade for the Chevy Colorado, GMC Canyon, H3 Hummer, TrailBlazer and GMC Envoy vehicles.

Theory of operation: To make a better electrical connection from the coil pack and to deliver more power to the spark plug.

Material: The SuperSparkz rod is made from an industrial grade clad plated copper and machined specifically to your truck year and spark plug type.

Spark Plug Compatibility: DENSO iridium Part # ITV16, ACDelco iridium # 41-103 or GM iridium # 12625058.

Ordering: When placing your order, please include your truck year, motor , Name and mailing address.

Payment: PAYPAL: [email protected] preferred but will accept ca$h, money order or personal check but must clear before shipping.

Shipping: Items will be shipped by USPS Priority mail. You will receive a delivery confirmation number when shipped.

Prices, Click on PAYPAL link below to place order:
2004 to 2006
I4 2.8L, USA PAYPAL: $45.00, PAYPAL: Canada $60.00
I5 3.5L, USA PAYPAL: $50.00
, PAYPAL: Canada $65.00

2007 to 2012
I4 2.9L. USA PAYPAL: $50.00, PAYPAL: Canada $75.00
I5 3.7L, USA PAYPAL: $55.00
, PAYPAL: Canada $80.00

TrailBlazer / Envoy
4.2L I6, USA PAYPAL: $65.00, PAYPAL: Canada $85.00
When placing your order, please specify if your coil pack has a heat sink or not. Thank You!

==============================================================================

How to clean SuperSparkz

SuperSparkz never go bad unless they are crushed or bent.
They can easily be cleaned by doing the following procedure listed below.
You can test this method by trying this on a copper penny. Pretty cool idea!

1. Wipe off any debris with a clean rag or towel. the kind that doesn't leave lint or strings.
2. Soak the rods in a dixi cup filled with Ketchup or vinegar for about 15 to 30 minutes.
OK to handle and check since it's a food based product but don't eat or re-use afterwards.
3. Rinse with hot water and rapid dry by shaking with a dry clean cloth.
4. With your clean hands, slightly pinch both ends inwards.
5. ready to re-install.

==============================================================================
How-to install the SuperSparkz ignition rods.

Colorado/Canyon/H3 - 2002/2004 to 2006 3.5L/I5, 2.8L/I4 Ignition coil pack.
TrailBlazer / Envoy - 2002 to 2006 4.2L I6 Ignition coil pack.

(WITH HEAT SINK)

(1) Remove Ignition coil packs from your truck.
(2) Remove rubber boot.
(3) Use a medium Phillips screw driver to remove the spring.
(4) Inspect and make sure coil pack electrode is clean and dirt free.
(5) Insert
SuperSparkz rod to the coil pack electrode 1st.
(6) Slide rubber boot over
SuperSparkz rod and seal to coil pack.
(7) Ready to be installed in your truck.
Note: when installing, align to spark plug, slightly push down and tighten 10mm bolt.

==================================================================================================================

Colorado/Canyon/H3 -2007 to 2012 3.7L/I5 & 2.9L/I4 Ignition coil pack.
TrailBlazer / Envoy - 2007 to 2009 4.2L I6 Ignition coil pack.

(NO HEAT SINK)

(1)
Remove Ignition coil packs from your truck.
(2) Remove rubber boot.
(3) Use a medium Phillips screw driver to remove the spring.

(4) Insert SuperSparkz rod to the coil pack electrode 1st.
Note: The BLUE end of the rod must connect to the coil pack.
DO NOT REMOVE THE BLUE HEAT SHRINK FROM ROD!

(5) Slide rubber boot over SuperSparkz rod and seal to coil pack.
(6) Ready to be installed in your truck.
Note: when installing, align to spark plug, slightly push down and tighten 10mm bolt.

·
maniac mechanic
5,767 Posts
re: SUPERiSPARK Spark Plug Spring Delete UpGrade (Prices & ordering info)

Looks good supermod. If your cutting those yourself wear a dust mask or respirator that shit is nasty. My work has me wear a full respirator and tyvek suit when I machine that stuff on a few of our rotorhead housings. Berylliosis is no joke and can happen relatively quickly.

·
Member's Technical crew
12,060 Posts

Looks like plain ole copper to me. And I KNOW this is going to be asked...

What are the electrical properties of that particular metal, and of course, what is the resistance noted across the "upgraded" part your selling over the stock spring?

Not at all trying to undermine you at all, you do some really great work! But figure may as well go ahead and get this over and done with. You and i know this will come up..And i didnt see a thread debating the effectiveness of this upgrade so figured i would post here for all to see your reply. Hopefully then we can be over and done with it!!

·
Dont let the Nation die
2005 GMC Canyon z71 SLE 4x4 3.5L
15,948 Posts

Anything special about this copper then reg copper? Say, if i was to go get some copper piping from the store?

Also, how would this be better then the other COB mod, using sparkplug wire?

·
badlandindustries.com
9,681 Posts

those of you who followed the link thank you. for those who haven't please take a second to view it... Beryllium copper - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

these tubes are much harded and far less maleable that your average L and M Homedepot grade copper. As described to me by super this type of copper energizes the spark plug faster and allows the spark to exist for a longer duration without loosing current. a faster hotter longer spark will inherently create a more consistant and complete combustion.

supers research has shown this is mod is superior to the COP mod many of us have done incuding myself. Being that the price is very comperable to the original COP mod i find that employing Supers mod will benefit even those who have dont the COP mod.

these tubes are specially manufactured and machined to precise dimentions to create a 360deg contact on both the coil and the plug

·
Dont let the Nation die
15,948 Posts

Ah. Didnt realize there was link up ther. My bad.

·
Administrator
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Looks good supermod. If your cutting those yourself wear a dust mask or respirator that shit is nasty. My work has me wear a full respirator and tyvek suit when I machine that stuff on a few of our rotorhead housings. Berylliosis is no joke and can happen relatively quickly.
Anything special about this copper then reg copper? Say, if i was to go get some copper piping from the store?

Also, how would this be better then the other COB mod, using sparkplug wire?

Looks like plain ole copper to me. And I KNOW this is going to be asked...

What are the electrical properties of that particular metal, and of course, what is the resistance noted across the "upgraded" part your selling over the stock spring?

Not at all trying to undermine you at all, you do some really great work! But figure may as well go ahead and get this over and done with. You and i know this will come up..And i didnt see a thread debating the effectiveness of this upgrade so figured i would post here for all to see your reply. Hopefully then we can be over and done with it!!

Beryllium copper - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pluming copper is different and will not perform the same.
I have tested it and it will eventually fail and cause other problems.
Once you arc out and leave a carbon trace that coil pack will have to be replaced.

Beryllium copper combines high strength with non-magnetic and non-sparking qualities which means it will not radiate or transmit unwanted signals or arc out.
As stated above it is hazardous to work with.

The resistance or the Z factor of the ignition spark energy is like a cb radio in some ways.
You want a low VSWR's so that most of the CB radio transmitter power can go in the air instead of poor reflection and the wasted energy returning back to the transmitter.
Basically I'm per-calibrating your Ignition SWR's to 1.0 to 1.0.

Hope this helps!:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,578 Posts

Interesting but what are the chances of corrosion? also will there be any noticeable gains like smoother idle? forgive me if i missed this somewhere I've never really heard of anyone doing this before so I'm just curious also did you check to see if it has less resistance with a meter or is it just a better connection?

·
Dont let the Nation die
15,948 Posts

Nice way to put it. Wanna do my CB next? :kiki:

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,275 Posts

Oh shit another mod to test out and see if I can pick up somemore mpgs

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevrolet Colorado/ 2018 GMC Canyon
1,171 Posts

Got me a set ordered.

·
Dont let the Nation die
15,948 Posts

:lol: jeremy. Every little bit helps. Might still do the old school COBmod, since i already have the parts for it.

·
Administrator
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Interesting but what are the chances of corrosion? also will there be any noticeable gains like smoother idle? forgive me if i missed this somewhere I've never really heard of anyone doing this before so I'm just curious also did you check to see if it has less resistance with a meter or is it just a better connection?

Beryllium copper - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Beryllium copper has a Bronze like resistance to corrosion and mariners love Bronze!
http://newboatbuilders.com/docs/CorrosionOnBoats.pdf

The Milli-resistance of the Beryllium copper is a 100 times less than the light gauge SS spring is.

·
CHEEZEDOODLE
29,666 Posts

...and the v8 people shed a silent tear.

:lol:

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,275 Posts

:lol: jeremy. Every little bit helps.
Yes it does!

I have the SuperMod tune and Ported TB.

So all I need is this and upgrade to his SuperFan

1 - 20 of 822 Posts