Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
781 - 800 of 822 Posts

·
Who dat? Who dere?
333 Posts
I hope all of you wear gloves to install these copper beryllium rods that shit will give you cancer if you handle it for to long periods of time the military advise you don't even touch it with bare hands
In a solid form it has no known health hazards. As long as you don't go sanding/machining it creating a dust or vapor you'll be fine. I work with the stuff daily. Please don't spread incorrect information.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,275 Posts
I wore gloves when I installed mine.....not some much because of health concerns, but to ensure I did not leave grease and oils from my fingers on them.

James gives you directions to follow for safe installation

·
Administrator
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #792 ·
Besides a better spark, what is actually gained from this mod? Is there any proof of a MPG gain, HP/TQ gain. etc.?
The Atlas motors run rough and these help it run smoother.
Some say 1 mpg but with my foot in to all the time I don't notice any economy gains.
What I did notice is smoother idle and through out the power band. Did help eliminate a P0300 code that I was getting. I think the original spring was F'd. Cheap design.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The Atlas motors run rough and these help it run smoother.
Some say 1 mpg but with my foot in to all the time I don't notice any economy gains.
What I did notice is smoother idle and through out the power band. Did help eliminate a P0300 code that I was getting. I think the original spring was F'd. Cheap design.

Gotcha. Thanks!

·
Registered
64 Posts
PayPal sent

·
Registered
229 Posts
I've been wanting to order these along with a cold air intake and ported throttle body but money is tight with just making an offer on a home this week and just finding out out we have a baby on the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
I've been wanting to order these along with a cold air intake and ported throttle body but money is tight with just making an offer on a home this week and just finding out out we have a baby on the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats man! thats awesome!:355group:

781 - 800 of 822 Posts