Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is going to be a complete list of components needed to lift your ride, right now it is a work in progress, feel free to contribute:

Skyjacker:

CC421KS 3.5 Liter L5; 2 Wheel Drive 4 Lift Height (in.)
CC421KS 2.8 Liter L4; 2 Wheel Drive 4 Lift Height (in.)
CC421K 3.5 Liter L5; 2 Wheel Drive 4 Lift Height (in.)
CC421K 2.8 Liter L4; 2 Wheel Drive 4 Lift Height (in.)
CC401KS 2.8 Liter L4; 4 Wheel Drive 4 Lift Height (in.)
CC401KS 3.5 Liter L5; 4 Wheel Drive 4 Lift Height (in.)
CC401K 2.8 Liter L4; 4 Wheel Drive 4 Lift Height (in.)
CC401K 3.5 Liter L5; 4 Wheel Drive 4 Lift Height (in.)

Rancho:

RS6559B 4wd Z71 Exc manual trans 4 Lift Height (in.)
RS6559B 2wd Z71 Exc manual trans 4 Lift Height (in.)

CST Suspension

4wd
CSS-C3-11 - 5" LIFT KIT
CSR-1100 - CST PERFOMANCE FRONT SHOCK
CSR-2455 - CST PERFORMANCE REAR SHOCK

2wd (Z85 & ZQ8 only)
CSS-C1-7 - 5" LIFT SPINDLE (FOR Z85 MODELS ONLY)
CSL-C19-9 - REAR ADD A LEAF w/ CENTER PIN
CSR-1559 - CST PERFOMANCE FRONT SHOCK (DUAL)
CSS-C9-2 - 1" LIFT REAR SHACKLE
CSL-C19-6 - 4" REAR LEAF SPRINGS
CSS-C16-7 - 1" BILLET COIL SPACER (for ZQ8 models)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
heres one to add to the list

Fabtech

2wd (z85/zq8 models only)
FT21027 3" spindel lift with rear shackels and shocks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Tuff Country

4" 04-06 GM Colorado/Canyon P/N: 14045
Shocks Not Included
New knuckles eliminate the need to drop upper control arms
Skid pate protects differential and stabilizes cross members
Torsion bars remain in stock location
Allows use of 285/70 tires
Requires new rims w/ 4.5" backspacing or less with max wheel width of 8"

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
important note about the CST 5"lifts: This lift kit was designed for an extended cab truck, which has a two piece driveshaft with a carier bearing mounted to the gas tank crossmember in the middle to support it. included in the kit is a means to drop this carier bearing, some cutting and welding is required to do this. On the Reg cab truck we have a one piece driveshaft. when the new rear leaf-springs are installed the driveshaft rubs/sits on this crossmember. the kit will work with regular cab trucks, but you have to cut/notch/strengthen the crossmember to make room for the driveshaft, and allow clearance. I used parts from the old transmission x member to fabricate a u shape into the rear x member . overall i am happy with the CST kit but fitment was a little more complicated than i had expected. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
anybody ever see the Camburg Front suspension for the 2wd Colorados/Canyons? it looks awesome. im thinking about using it with my CST lift knuckles... think i will be able to align it? it shouldnt be a problem because the CST kit basicly dosent affect alignment right? the new upper control arms provided with the Camburg kit will fix any alignment issues right? just e mailed Camburg... will let u know if i hear anything.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
33s for sure - some 34s maybe.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
i wanna lift!!! :cry:

·
Registered
9 Posts
What wheel diameter, width, offset/backspacing are you running?
My tires are 285 75 16 (33 x 11.50) BFG ATs

My wheels are 16" in diameter with an 8" width and a "0" offset or 4" backspace. I'll say that anything more than a 4" bs with an 11.50 tire on a 4" 4x4 suspension lift and you might be rubbin. I've got about 1/4" +/- between the inside of the tire and the upper bj.

·
Registered
836 Posts
shit, do you guys think i would rub if i got 285/75/16's? i got just 5 inches of suspension lift. I am going up more though probably another 2 suspension wise and 1 body.

·
Registered
183 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,135 Posts
You could always just throw on a 3" body lift and then be able to clear 31s I think... It looks like you have a Z85 (not the offroad suspension package).

You can also do the 2" lift with different shackles and cranking on the torsion bars.

Or you could go the biggest possible :shrug:

First thing you need to do is figure out a portion of it, ie what size tires you want to run or how high you want to be lifted. Once you figure one of those out, the other answers will fall in line...

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.