Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
where the best place to buy AAL 2.5? and best brand? some poeple say cst one are very strong

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey guys so I have a gmc canyon 2004 4x4 with 2"shackles and the tb cranked to level. I have the manual transmission with the 3.5l engine. What options would work with my truck for suspension lift?

·
Super Moderator
3,624 Posts
Rancho, skyjacker, tuff country & CST all make suspension lifts for your truck. Take your pick.

Sent from my LG-P999 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
57 Posts
I thought some of the suspension lifts did not work with manual transmissions. .

·
Super Moderator
3,624 Posts
I've never heard that... call up the manufacturers and find out

I don't see why they wouldn't work.

I know the body lift kits have trouble working with the manual transmissions

Sent from my LG-P999 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
I have a 4" skyjacker with a manual and it's fine. I do believe i'll run into issues installing my body lift.

·
Registered
3 Posts
question im a soldier in afghan and im new to the whole truck world...i have a 2007 gmc canyon SL 2wd 2.9L engine...i wana do a body lift as well as a suspension lift...however all products i find say they dont fit my year or model....does anyone have suggestions as to where i can go or what worked best for them because im ready to get out of the dessert and start working on my truck....thanks for any replies

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Z85 or ZQ8 or Z71 suspension?

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
The its a zq8 or z85 2wd. You should just Solid Axle swap it and run a divorced transfer case. lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
The its a zq8 or z85 2wd. You should just Solid Axle swap it and run a divorced transfer case. lol
I have been reading posts for months now waiting to have as much information from those that are experienced before commenting. I am now ready to join the conversation.

I hate, hate, HATE!!! the idea of cranking T-bars. It infuriates me every time read about it. I realize it is the poor mans lift, but I would rather not lift then do this.

The other thing I cannot stand is the shackle in the rear, this has to be the most stupid idea ever, again, poor mans lift, I get it, but why would I want to make a weak point that I feel could very possibly break.

Fairly against body lift, however it does have its advantages by not screwing with suspension and still allowing larger tires.

AAL, is not as horrible to me, however, this is my daily driver, not interested in the stiff ride.

The only option I see is axle flip, and throwing a solid axle up front because these 4 inch lifts will leave an unacceptable rake(rear will be a few inches taller)with the axle flip with my refusal to crank T-bars. Unfortunately, I do not have the time, or equipment to fabricate at my present duty station. So, it leaves me stuck with the front end issue, how do I get those few inches after the axle flip without screwing with T-bars.

When all is said and done, I am not even trying to get to crazy with the lift, I just feel that this needs to be done right. Started out only trying to figure out how to fit 33 12.50's.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
If you get the 5" cst lift for the front you'll be close to where after you soa the rear it should be close to stock rake.

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
I need help, I am looking at the Rancho 4" lift since they have the rebate that expires soon. What I need to know is:

1. What else I need to buy with the kit to ensure it is a intall ready kit.

2. Will this work with a 3" PA BL without additional modifications.

3. and Im thinking of 17" wheels but not sure what tires or sizes to get to ensure no rubbing but maintain a mean look that also serves as highway tire.

I will be driving as a daily driver so tires and wheel are important but still want a nice mean look.

Last any additional info or comments will always help so I can buy this and have it done hopefully June 11th through the 17th..

Thanks

·
Registered
509 Posts
What is part number of each brand made add a leak for our truck? I wont 2.5 but only find skyjacker here in quebec from a 4wd shop.

·
Registered
16 Posts
As several members pointed out, they have max cranked their TBs and don't mind the ride.
If you feel the same way, this kit probably isn't for you. But if you're like me and wonder if you can lift 3" in the front AND still have the factory ride, this kit might work. That remains to be seen. The kit allows you to lift .75", 1.5", 2.0", and 3.0". It also allows you to lower .5", 1.2", 2.0". Anyway, here are some teaser pics.

Diff Spacers and Bump Stops (The diff spacers are labeled so I know they are diff spacers) lol

Shock Hardware

Cam and Key

Hey man have you already put the kit on your truck? If so pics?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just outa curiosity what would be a good lift kit for my 07 colorado extanded cab 4WD Z71 package? Im runnin 31x10.50r15's with no problem but I want somethin I can fit 33s if need be Ill get some spacers like I have on my 98 Taco.

61 - 80 of 101 Posts