Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been ongoing for about 3 weeks now. When the truck flexes (even slightly, say accelerating from a stop), I hear a sound coming from the front (maybe the rear too). I don't know how to describe it, it almost sounds like a croak, or like the noise driving on gravel makes.

Any guesses on what it could be? When I changed the oil a couple weeks ago I tried to lube up the front end a bit to quell it but it obviously didn't work. I mentioned it to my dad and he thought that suspension wasn't covered under warranty, I'm pretty sure he is wrong but does anyone know for sure?

·
NW Surfrider
5,364 Posts
I would say if you still have the warranty on the truck, bring it in....i had a ping sound that sounded like someone was striking my frame, and it turned out they found missing bolts on my upper heatshield.....its kinda hard to determine what it would be, but as long as you havent modified your suspension it will still be covered under the 36/36000 warranty..

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would say if you still have the warranty on the truck, bring it in....i had a ping sound that sounded like someone was striking my frame, and it turned out they found missing bolts on my upper heatshield.....its kinda hard to determine what it would be, but as long as you havent modified your suspension it will still be covered under the 36/36000 warranty..
Sweet, I will have to find some time to bring it in.

Anyone have an idea what it could be? The OEM shocks in my old Firebird were pretty horrible, I'm guessing that our trucks aren't spared from the same GM (lack of) quality :mav:

·
Registered
964 Posts
carried my truck in today to have a noise i thought was coming from the suspension fixed, turns out i have a bushing in my cab mounts going bad, dealer had to order parts to fix it. hopefully, i can get this and one more issue fixed while i am off for the holidays.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts