Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 2 door, 2wd work truck style with the ugly ass steel rims. I wanted to know what suspension package is on that thing. Is it the z85?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
im really not looking to lower my truck any but i would like to run some after market rims with a little bit of offset and some slightly bigger tires than the 205's it comes with. What size do you think would fit without scrubbing?

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
you can fit 22s if you want just depends on what offset. Otherwise get 20s on drop it a lil

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
oooh yah you could prolly fit a 235 I dunno though those lil stealies are small. On the zq8 wheel you can fit a 275 i believe...i have 255 with no rub :)

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
You should be able to run a 235/75/15 without any issues. Although I'm not sure if you'll be able to on those steel wheels....

On the stock alloy wheels, you wouldn't have a problem with that size on stock height.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeh i mean i was planning on getting some after market rims also. I knew their was no way to run a tire that big on my lil steelies lol. thanks for the info guys.

what i wanted is a tire that would fill the fender well but not scrub

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
those lil steelies remind me of honda civics for some reason haha heyla narrow

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
You actually could run a 235/75/15 on the stock steelies. They're 6" wide, they'd be fine. 235/75/15 is what comes stock on the alloy wheels I believe so you wouldn't have a problem with rubbing in that size, you could probably actually go a little bigger if you wanted to.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it just doesnt seem like they wouldnt rub. I mean that wheel well looks pretty small to me. Remember i have the z85 suspension and that front end looks kinda low for a 235. But if it is true, then im glad b/c i have a set of 235/75/15's at home that came off an explorer that i just sold, they are in good condition, so i guess im in good shape haha.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
I looked around a little bit and the stock tire size for the Z85 alloy wheels are 225/75/15, not 235/75/15. It doesn't really matter though, 235/75/15's should still fit considering the sidewall difference is only 3/8".

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
I think the stock Z85 alloy wheels are 15x6.5", and I think the stock steel wheels are 15x6". Z71's are 15x7".

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
o ok...well im thinking about buying some aftermarket rims that are 15x8's. Then i guess ill try one of those 235's that i have and see if they scrub and if not then i guess ill put all of them on. I want to put a glasspack on and bring it out the side in front of the rear wheel with two tips, do u think that would look good?

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
:shrug: Depends on how it's done. I've seen some side exhausts that look decent.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Umm, yeah. A 245/45/18 isn't going to look anything like a 235/75/15. :lol:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts